"You never want for a lawyer with a particular skill...They're very responsive, they manage their relationships very well and they communicate well.'"
― Client feedback, Chambers USA
Your company’s future depends on its continued growth and financial health. Transactions are the backbone, but many other factors contribute to keeping your business on an upward trajectory. From routine M&A deals to sound corporate governance to high-profile capital-raising efforts, you need a well-rounded strategy supported by legal and compliance frameworks that mitigates risk and makes the most of every opportunity.
Blank Rome’s corporate and transactions attorneys offer sound legal and business advice, from day-to-day management and strategic planning to paving the way for a once-in-a-lifetime deal. Whether it be securing financing through a bank, identifying the most effective tax structure, or raising capital through a private equity fund, we have the know-how to address your specific needs.
We advise multinational corporations, Fortune 500 companies, emerging businesses, small businesses, and everything in between. Our corporate capabilities are bolstered by nationally recognized litigation, tax, securities, and finance attorneys.
Completing a transaction is often just the beginning and we’re dedicated to deepening our understanding of your business and industry and building a long-term relationship. That way, we’re able to anticipate your goals and support you in all your future opportunities.
How We Can Help
- private equity funds
- venture capital funds, and investment bankers (buy and sell side)
- fund formation, management, and operation
- acquisitions and divestitures
- debt and equity financings
- capital markets
- transaction structuring
- preparing securities regulatory filings
- regulatory compliance under federal and state securities law
- joint ventures
- tax structuring advice
- advising boards and special committees on fiduciary duties
- shareholder arrangements
- corporate governance strategies
- strategic alliances
- emerging companies
What Sets Us Apart
- 2019 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) national ranks:
- M&A Law: Tier 1
- Corporate Law: Tier 1
- 2019 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) regional ranks:
- M&A Law: Tier 1, Pittsburgh; Tier 2, Los Angeles and New York City
- Corporate Law: Tier 1, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh; Tier 3, Los Angeles
- 2017 Legal 500 ranks Blank Rome top-tier in M&A Middle Market, and states that the Firm is “extremely active in the purchase, sale, and combination of business entities.”
- Chambers USA 2017 ranks Blank Rome for its Corporate/M&A work:
- “a middle-market focused team advising clients on matters including public and private M&A, joint ventures and securities offerings.”
- “sophisticated Corporate/M&A practice receives much client praise for its ‘outstanding service and dynamic, entrepreneurial approach.’”
- “(Focusing) in midmarket transactional matters… The group wins widespread praise for its excellent service and ‘strong talented lawyers who respond instantaneously. ‘Sources also admire the practice because it ‘truly values and invests in its relationships with clients’”
- Our attorneys are frequent lecturers on M&A matters, and are well-known for “writing the book” on all aspects of valuing and selling businesses and capital formation entitles, such as The Complete Guide to Valuing and Selling Your Business by Partner Frederick D. Lipman.