Yelena Barychev advises management and boards of directors on:
- Corporate governance matters, including executive and director compensation and compliance with NASDAQ and NYSE listing requirements
- Public and private offerings of securities
- Preparation of proxy statements, Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and other SEC filings
- Cybersecurity risk management
- Compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Dodd-Frank Act, and the JOBS Act
Yelena is a Co-Lead of the Firm’s Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) team. She works with directors and management to provide guidance on ESG strategies, reporting, and disclosure.
She writes and speaks frequently on ESG matters, most recently:
- 2020 Villanova Environmental Law Journal Blank Rome LLP Symposium, Shareholder Environmental Activism: Companies Panel
- Webinar on the ExxonMobil Fraud Case on Its Climate Change Risks—What’s on the ESG Agenda for 2020?
In addition, she writes and speaks frequently on corporate governance and securities compliance matters.
Yelena's practice also focuses on advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, as well as contract drafting and negotiations. She also counsels nonprofit organizations.
Yelena represents clients in a broad range of industries, including life sciences, information technology, manufacturing, and financial services companies.
Outside the Firm
Yelena is a member of the Educational Programs Committee of the Society for Corporate Governance and immediate past President of the Middle Atlantic Chapter of the Society for Corporate Governance. Yelena is also a member of the Board of Directors of The Forum of Executive Women.
Yelena serves as President of the Association of Audit Committee Members, Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to developing national best practices for audit committees.