Peter I. Tsoflias is dedicated to representing and advising business entity clients—from small startup companies to larger private equity and venture capital funds—in connection with day to day corporate and commercial affairs and major transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint venture formations, and project financings. He also assists companies in dealing with state and federal regulatory compliance issues, real estate ventures, and creditor’s rights concerns.
As a Delaware State barred attorney, Pete has significant experience handling, and often advises boards of directors with respect to, Delaware business entity law issues, including:
- Stock issuances
Pete has published several articles on corporate, commercial, and constitutional law issues, including a guide on Delaware’s residential landlord-tenant law.
Before joining Blank Rome, he was an associate at a Washington, D.C.- based Am Law 100 firm and a Wilmington, Delaware, firm, where his practice focused on representing and advising business entity and financial institution clients on various corporate, business, commercial, and structured finance transactions.
Previously, he served as the Wolcott Fellow to former Delaware Supreme Court Chief Justice Myron T. Steele. Since that time, Pete and Former Chief Justice Steele authored several publications on various business and constitutional law issues.
In the spring of 2015, he served as the campaign manager for the Vince Giusini for Judge campaign, and he currently serves as a Director on the American Hellenic Lawyers Society of Greater Washington D.C. Board of Directors.
- Navigating through Delaware’s Residential Landlord-Tenant Law (Publication Forthcoming)
- “Realigning the Constitutional Pendulum,” 77 ALB. L. REV. 1365 (2013/2014) (with former Delaware Supreme Court Chief Justice Myron T. Steele)
- “Examining Delaware Corporate Governance through the Nebulous Zone of Insolvency Lens and Delaware ABO Related Issues in the Bankruptcy Context,” 2014 (Spring) A.B.A. BUS. L. SEC. (with former Delaware Supreme Court Chief Justice Myron T. Steele)
- “An Introduction to the Federalist Society’s Panelist Discussion Titled ‘Deregulating the Markets: The JOBS Act,’” 38 DEL. J. CORP. L. 453 (2013) (with Professor Lawrence A. Hamermesh)
- “The Delaware Series LLC: Sophisticated and Flexible Business Planning,” 2 U. MICH. J. PRIVATE EQUITY & VENTURE CAP. L. 97 (2012) (with Professor Ann E. Conaway)
- “Challenging Traditional Thought: No Default Fiduciary Duties in Delaware Limited Liability Companies after Auriga,” 13 MICH. ST. J. BUS. & SEC. L. 1 (2012) (with Professor Ann E. Conaway)
- “Note, Insurance Neutrality: Affecting an Insurer’s Right to Bankruptcy Standing,” 37 DEL. J. CORP. L. 569 (2012)
- “In re American Home Mortgage Holdings, Inc.: Applying the Ordinary Course of Business Defense to Preference Actions”
- “In re Thorpe Insulation Company: Asbestos Litigation is Still Creeping into Bankruptcy Courtrooms”
- “Insurer Standing in the Ninth Circuit—Focusing Solely on the Express Terms of the Debtor’s Reorganization Plan”
Outside the Firm
In 2017, Pete, a former captain of the West Chester University men’s tennis team, and his wife created the John Tsoflias Memorial Scholarship in honor of Pete’s late father. This four-year scholarship is awarded to an incoming male West Chester University freshman tennis student-athlete who embodies the strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit of the man in whose name the scholarship is dedicated.