Jennifer Achilles focuses her practice on white collar criminal defense, regulatory enforcement and securities litigation, and internal investigations.
Jennifer defends public and private companies, as well as their officers and directors, in government investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (“CFTC”), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”), Department of Justice (“DOJ”), and New York District Attorney’s (“DA”) and Attorney General’s (“AG”) offices. She has significant experience representing clients in matters involving insider trading, market manipulation, accounting fraud, cryptocurrency-related activities, anti-money laundering, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”). She also leads internal investigations in advance of and in connection with government investigations, and counsels clients on cooperation and self-disclosure strategies.
Jennifer is frequently called upon to speak at industry events and write for leading publications. Prior to joining Blank Rome, she led the Global Regulatory Enforcement Group of an Am Law 100 firm in New York City and was a partner at a boutique litigation firm focused on high-profile white collar and regulatory matters and sophisticated business disputes.
- Finance & Restructuring
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”)
- Financial Institutions Litigation and Regulatory Compliance (“FILARC”)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act & Anti-Corruption
- Government Contracts
- Internal Investigations
- Regulatory Compliance
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation
- State Attorneys General
- Structured Finance
- White Collar Defense & Investigations
- Anti-Money Laundering & Economic Sanctions
- Antitrust Counseling & Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Compliance & Investigations
- Congressional, Agency, & Internal Investigations
- Corporate Governance
- False Claims Act Investigations & Defense
- FATCA Compliance