Young businesses emerge in the face of daunting uncertainty. At any moment, the entire enterprise can be lost. Or it can experience its greatest success yet. Whether starting a new business or expanding an existing one, you need a seasoned legal team—who have been there before—in your corner.
Blank Rome offers a comprehensive program for emerging companies that goes well beyond traditional legal services. You are assigned a dedicated team whose experience spans law, business, and many of the fields in which our early-stage clients operate.
We view ourselves as long-term partners, and our team will work with you to design the best business and investment strategy to meet your particular needs. Along the way, we’ll debunk the myths surrounding raising money and give you a realistic assessment of the fundraising process so you know what to expect and can make informed decisions.
Our dedicated team brings with it the benefits of a diversified law firm with experience and insight in corporate finance, business tax, employment law, intellectual property protection and licensing, international trade and import/export, healthcare, securities, environmental law, and government contracts. Through our network of connections, we’ll help make targeted introductions to potential investors and strategic partners.
How We Can Help
We’ll become an extension of your management team, formulating sophisticated, practical, and creative legal solutions to your challenges, including:
- structuring and formation of business entities/corporate governance
- angel, venture capital, and equity investments
- mezzanine and bridge funding
- intellectual property protection
- licensing agreements
- employment agreements, employee benefits, and stock options
- mergers and acquisitions
- LBOs, buy-ins, and recapitalizations
- public offerings of debt and equity, including IPOs
- succession planning
- government relations
- counsel on day-to-day matters
- regulatory and compliance matters
What Sets Us Apart
- Blank Rome has long been a part of the venture community. We don’t just represent the emerging growth sector—we invest in it as well.
- Blank Rome has also been an integral part of the Private Investors Forum’s Angel Venture Fair, the PACT Capital Conference, Investors’ Circle, Funding Post, and Good Company Ventures.
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) national ranks:
- M&A Law: Tier 1
- Corporate Law: Tier 2
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) regional ranks:
- M&A Law: Tier 1, Pittsburgh; Tier 2, Los Angeles and New York City
- Corporate Law: Tier 1, Philadelphia; Tier 3, Los Angeles
- 2017 Legal 500 ranks Blank Rome top-tier in M&A Middle Market, and states that the Firm is “extremely active in the purchase, sale, and combination of business entities.”
- Chambers USA 2017 ranks Blank Rome for its corporate/M&A work:
- “a middle-market focused team advising clients on matters including public and private M&A, joint ventures and securities offerings.”
- “sophisticated Corporate/M&A practice receives much client praise for its ‘outstanding service and dynamic, entrepreneurial approach.’”
- “(Focusing) in midmarket transactional matters… The group wins widespread praise for its excellent service and ‘strong talented lawyers who respond instantaneously. ‘Sources also admire the practice because it ‘truly values and invests in its relationships with clients’”
- Our attorneys are frequent lecturers on M&A matters, and are well-known for “writing the book” on all aspects of valuing and selling businesses and capital formation entitles, such as The Complete Guide to Valuing and Selling your Business by Partner Frederick D. Lipman.