Young businesses emerge in the face of daunting uncertainty. At any moment, the entire enterprise can be lost. Or it can experience its greatest success yet. Whether starting a new business or expanding an existing one, you need a seasoned legal team—who have been there before—in your corner.
Blank Rome offers a comprehensive program for emerging companies that goes well beyond traditional legal services. You are assigned a dedicated team whose experience spans law, business, and many of the fields in which our early-stage clients operate.
We view ourselves as long-term partners, and our team will work with you to design the best business and investment strategy to meet your particular needs. Along the way, we will debunk the myths surrounding raising money and give you a realistic assessment of the fundraising process so you know what to expect and can make informed decisions.
Our dedicated team brings with it the benefits of a diversified law firm with experience and insight in corporate finance, business tax, employment law, intellectual property protection and licensing, international trade and import/export, healthcare, securities, environmental law, and government contracts. Through our network of connections, we will help make targeted introductions to potential investors and strategic partners.
How We Can Help
We’ll become an extension of your management team, formulating sophisticated, practical, and creative legal solutions to your challenges, including:
- Structuring and formation of business entities/corporate governance
- Angel, venture capital, and equity investments
- Mezzanine and bridge funding
- Intellectual property protection
- Licensing agreements
- Employment agreements, employee benefits, and stock options
- Mergers and acquisitions
- LBOs, buy-ins, and recapitalizations
- Public offerings of debt and equity, including IPOs
- Succession planning
- Government relations
- Counsel on day-to-day matters
- Regulatory and compliance matters
What Sets Us Apart
- Blank Rome has long been a part of the venture community. We don’t just represent the emerging growth sector—we invest in it as well.
- Blank Rome has also been an integral part of the Private Investors Forum’s Angel Venture Fair, the PACT Capital Conference, Investors’ Circle, Funding Post, and Good Company Ventures.
- Ranked Tier 1 in 2022 U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® (Woodward/White, Inc.) for M&A Law nationally and in Pittsburgh and for Corporate Law nationally and in Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh. Highly ranked for Capital Markets Law nationally and regionally in Los Angeles and Philadelphia and for M&A Law regionally in Los Angeles, New York City, and Pittsburgh.
- 2023 Legal 500 ranks Blank Rome as a Recommended Firm in M&A – Middle Market.
- Chambers USA 2023 ranks Blank Rome for its Corporate/M&A work in Philadelphia and Surrounds and notes that clients say:
- “Blank Rome is one of the most responsive firms I have worked with. It has outstanding commercial awareness.”
- “The firm is staffed with a broad-based set of knowledgeable and experienced legal partners. It is truly among the finest legal teams I've worked with.”
- Our attorneys are frequent lecturers on M&A matters and are well known for “writing the book” on all aspects of valuing and selling businesses and capital formation entitles, such as The Complete Guide to Valuing and Selling your Business.