CO-CHAIR, DALLAS OFFICE
With more than 40 years of legal experience, Steve Block has an established legacy in practicing corporate and securities law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and all forms of corporate finance. Steve’s legal advice is never given in a vacuum. Distinctively, his advice to his clients covers a much broader spectrum than the nuts-and-bolts legal issues, providing pragmatic and experienced guidance tailored for the business of the client. Steve’s creativity in finding ways to get a deal done is unparalleled, no matter the obstacles faced.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions of business entities in a broad spectrum of industries, including manufacturing, distribution and logistics, health care, and technology.
- Work with company management in the preparation of 10-Ks, 10-Qs, Proxy Statements, 8-Ks, and other SEC filings.
- Counsel on shareholder activism, governance disputes, succession planning, and the preparation of poison pills.
General Corporate Contracts and Counseling
- Day-to-day counseling including representing both individuals and entities in drafting and negotiating critical commercial contracts.
- Draft preferred stock, straight or convertible, debt and convertible security financing arrangements, employment agreements, cash and equity incentive awards, shareholder buy-sell agreements, joint venture and partnership agreements, franchise and licensing agreements, manufacturing, distribution, services, and supply agreements.
- Represent both licensors and licensees in licenses for inventions in the fields of biotechnology, software, medical devices, materials, and equipment.
Hedge Funds/Private Equity
- Organize private equity, venture capital, and hedge funds.
Outside the Firm
Steve enjoys playing golf and chess, reading, travelling, and spending time with his family and friends.