VICE CHAIR, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & TECHNOLOGY PRACTICE GROUP
Lisa Casey Spaniel concentrates her legal practice in intellectual property matters, namely software and technology licensing, data analytics and related data licensing arrangements, cybersecurity and privacy issues, outsourcing and supply agreements, mergers, acquisitions and other business agreements and transactions, software development, and promotions law. She counsels clients on matters relating to:
- software, technology, copyright, patent, trademark, and other intellectual property licenses and agreements, including development, implementation, integration, hosting, software as a service (“SaaS”), and other cloud-related agreements, as well as underpinning maintenance and support, service level, disaster recovery, data security, and source code/SaaS escrow agreements
- collection, use, licensing, and sale of aggregate and personally identifiable information, including data supply and license agreements, as well as related security and privacy issues
- acquisition and sale of public and private entities with respect to intellectual property and other intangible assets
- web site software and application development and commercialization, including large-scale software implementation and data migration projects, focusing on project management and related methodologies
- outsourcing, OEM, VAR, resale, private-label, supply, manufacturing, fulfillment, and other sourcing and distribution agreements and models
- bio and nano technology and other life sciences agreements, including licenses, joint venture agreements, and technology transfer agreements
- creation, administration and registration and bonding of sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions, including rule preparation, liability releases, review of advertising and marketing materials, and response to regulatory inquiries
Before joining Blank Rome, Lisa served as a summer law clerk to The Honorable Robert S. Gawthrop, III, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Outside the Firm
Outside of the Firm, Lisa enjoys hiking, skiing, and gardening with her husband and three children.