Robert Mittman has more than 40 years of experience in corporate and securities law. He represents numerous public and private companies, REITS, investment banks, venture capital and private equity firms, and high-net-worth individuals, both generally and in transactional and financing activities of all types.
Bob has acted as issuer and underwriter counsel in connection with hundreds of public and private equity and debt offerings. He has also developed a national reputation representing public entities in connection with SEC enforcement proceedings.
Bob serves a wide range of clients with respect to matters such as:
- mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- public and private debt and equity securities offerings
- venture capital and private equity financing and investments
- corporate governance and board counsel, including proxy advisory matters and executive compensation
- class actions and derivative lawsuit settlements and defense in conjunction with alleged accounting errors and securities violations
- SEC and FTC investigations
- regulatory filings and proxy statements
Additionally, Bob represents investment banking firms in a variety of matters, including broker-dealer registration; FINRA, SEC, and NYSE compliance; and investment advisory compliance.
His representative publicly traded clients include:
- Washington Prime Group Inc.
- Simon Property Group, Inc.
- Iconix Brand Group, Inc.
- Xcel Brands, Inc.
- iCad, Inc.
Bob is a pilot with an Airline Transport Pilots Rating and Learjet and Lear 60 Type Ratings.