Recognized as 'one of the best' for corporate finance work, this outstanding national practice is acclaimed for its 'strong, business-minded lawyers' and 'focused and sophisticated' work. 'Their service is beyond compare.'
— Chambers USA
As financial transactions become increasingly complex, the lawyers who handle those deals need to be increasingly sophisticated and business-minded. They need to master not only the evolving world of finance but also the changing environment of the industries in which the transactions occur. Blank Rome has significant depth of talent in financial services legal matters and extensive experience in representing senior and subordinate lenders, including mezzanine and second lien lenders.
Blank Rome’s commercial lending attorneys have extensive experience in structuring, negotiating, and documenting all types of complex financing transactions. The finance practice group lawyers combine sophisticated commercial finance and lending experience with a strong familiarity with contract, tax, real estate, and securities law. We are always focused on cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
What We Do
Our team regularly represents many of the nation’s leading players in lending, leasing, and specialty finance in a broad range of services, including:
- business finance
- asset-based finance
- equipment leasing
- general commercial/corporate finance
- real estate lending
- trade finance
- project finance
- structured finance
- loan sales and trading
- loan workouts and restructurings
- lender liability litigation, prevention, and defense
- securitizations including CLOs and CDOs
- healthcare and sponsor finance
- fund formation, management, and operation
We lead transactions across many industries, including:
- entertainment and media
- financial services
- information technology
- real estate
- waste treatment
For matters involving policy direction and regulatory issues, we draw upon the top lobbying and strategic communications professionals in our affiliate, Blank Rome Government Relations LLC, to assist clients in navigating the complexities of federal, state, and local government laws and agencies.
What Sets Us Apart
- 2019 Chambers USA ranked the Firm Band 1 for Banking & Finance in Philadelphia (PA) and Surrounds.
- Our team includes board members of the Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys and two elected fellows of the Board of Regents of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers.
- We represented lenders in six transactions nominated for the 2012 “Annual M&A Advisor Awards.”
- Our practice group members frequently lecture to numerous organizations, such as the Mortgage Bankers Association, Certified Financial Association, and Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, on legal issues affecting the financial services industry.
- Our attorneys frequently write for well-respected journals such as the ABF Journal and Financial Fraud Law Report as well as author thought leadership such as The CLO Manager’s Handbook.
- Finance & Restructuring
- Bankruptcy & Restructuring
- Credit Management
- Creditor Group Representation
- DIP Financing
- Distressed M&A & Reorganization in Bankruptcy
- International Insolvency
- Workouts & Out of Court Restructuring/Bankruptcy Alternatives
- Commercial Finance
- Equipment Leasing
- Structured Finance