“‘They have a strong, well-recognized practice with a deep bench. They can handle complex matters with transactional and litigation dimensions.’ Sources also say: ‘The team was outstanding in getting complex issues resolved in positive ways.’”
— Chambers USA
No business wants to experience a bankruptcy but if it’s unavoidable, the ability to restructure a company’s debt and retain its value is vital. Achieving a satisfactory outcome can be particularly complex for debtor and creditor, expensive, time consuming, and can involve any number of stakeholders.
Our business restructuring and bankruptcy attorneys advise both creditors and debtors in a broad range of bankruptcy, reorganization, and workout matters, including related litigation and credit and business transactions. The strength and diversity of our team, coupled with our firm’s interdisciplinary structure, allows us to leverage resources and attorney insights in complementary areas. We have handled high-profile insolvency cases in a wide variety of industries, including energy, technology, manufacturing, financial services, agri-business and foodservice, insurance, retail, consumer products, healthcare, life sciences, telecommunications, aircraft and airlines, transportation, and real estate.
Distressed business environments can also provide tremendous opportunities for strategic transactions. We aim to maximize successful outcomes for our clients by taking a pragmatic approach, combining practical experience and creative strategies that address the nuances of each case. We guide clients by providing risk assessment, counsel on alternatives, structure and completion of transactions, and, when necessary, litigation. Our team handles matters throughout the United States; and is nationally recognized in New York, Wilmington, and Philadelphia.
How We Can Help
We provide bankruptcy and restructuring counsel for the following:
- Group creditor representations including creditors’ committees, unsecured creditors and other creditors
- Debtors in restructuring, including Chapter 11 workouts and out-of-court restructuring (bondholder committees)
- Investors and private equity
- International insolvency
- Distressed M&A and reorganization in bankruptcy
- Subprime lenders, mortgage lenders, warehouse lenders, and directors and officers (please see our mortgage industry services overview)
- Secured lenders, institutional lenders, and debt-in-possession (“DIP”) lender financing
- Asset purchasers from Chapter 11 or 7
- Credit management
What Sets Us Apart
- Chambers USA noted we have a “stellar bankruptcy and restructuring team handling the full range of issues including Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 matters, as well as related bankruptcy litigation. Maintains a specialty practice advising maritime and transportation clients, and possesses significant knowledge of complex financing transactions.”
- 2021 Chambers USA recognized the firm for Bankruptcy/Restructuring in Delaware and ranked us Band 1 in New York and Philadelphia (PA) & Surrounds.
- Our bankruptcy practice ranked at the top of The American Lawyer’s Corporate Scoreboard.
- Four of the team’s attorneys are fellows of the prestigious American College of Bankruptcy. One partner served as Third Circuit regent of the American College of Bankruptcy and another partner served as chairman of the American College of Bankruptcy Foundation and is a past chair of the American College of Bankruptcy.
- Many members of the group write and lecture extensively on issues involving corporate restructuring and bankruptcy.
- Finance & Restructuring
- Credit Management
- Creditor Group Representation
- DIP Financing
- Distressed M&A & Reorganization in Bankruptcy
- International Insolvency
- Workouts & Out of Court Restructuring/Bankruptcy Alternatives
- Commercial Finance
- Equipment Leasing
- Structured Finance
- Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) Task Force