Businesses of all types continue to demonstrate a rapidly growing interest in renewable energy. This increased demand, coupled with improved cost efficiencies and brisk technological innovation, yields new opportunities–and a new legal framework–for energy consumers.
Blank Rome’s renewables team regularly advises clients from a broad range of industries as they look to green energy to enhance sustainability efforts, make a positive impact on their brand, and improve their bottom line. We collaborate with our clients to help them structure their renewables transactions and identify the interplay between their business objectives and legal and regulatory requirements.
Our interdisciplinary team leverages Blank Rome’s diverse practice capabilities, and includes attorneys with significant energy, maritime, real estate, government relations, FTC, and corporate transactional experience.
How We Can Help
- Drafting, negotiation, and regulatory counseling relating to Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (“VPPA”)
- Advising on the installation and monetization of rooftop or community solar installations, including work with Virtual Net Metering Programs (“VNMP”)
- Working with building owners and energy tenants to structure Metered Energy Efficiency Credits (“MEEC”)
- Representing client interests on Capitol Hill as climate change, energy efficiency, and emissions reductions come to the forefront in the 116th Congress
- Permitting, financing, development, and utilization of offshore wind projects