“Excellent team that excels across the full range of real estate matters and is particularly highly regarded for its formidable strength in complex financings.”
— Chambers USA
Success in the real estate industry depends in large part on forces outside your control. Economic booms and busts, rising and falling interest rates, and even an atmosphere of optimism or pessimism can mean success or failure for a project. Or a company.
Blank Rome’s real estate practice can help you build a strong foundation for your business to take advantage of (or withstand) market fluctuations. Every year, we handle deals ranging from $5 million to several billions of dollars. And our large, diverse team of real estate lawyers are supported by a deep bench of legal professionals with experience in public and private financing, environmental law, tax law, corporate transactions, bankruptcy, and litigation.
Our clients include:
- Entrepreneurial real estate companies and individuals
- Financial institutions
- Government entities
- Higher education institutions
- Hotel, hospitality, and leisure companies
- Housing authorities
- Landlords and tenants
- Multifamily owners and managers
- Office building owners
- Private equity funds
- Public, private, and nonprofit companies
- Retail, outlet, and shopping center owners
- Retail end users and franchisees
- Sports franchises
We understand the market, and we understand the law. Whether you are finalizing a multibillion dollar portfolio transaction or closing a single-property deal, we can help you spot the pitfalls, develop a strategy, evaluate financing and capital sources, and seize the (right) opportunity.
How We Can Help
- Acquisitions, dispositions, investments, mergers, and buyouts
- Development and construction
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Investment and real estate investment trusts
- Leasing (office, industrial and retail)
- Tax, including tax credit transactions
- Workouts, bankruptcies, and foreclosures
- Zoning and land use
What Sets Us Apart
- Ranked Tier 1 in 2022 U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® (Woodward/White, Inc.) for Real Estate Law nationally and in Philadelphia; regionally recognized in Washington, D.C., and New York City.
- Chambers USA 2021 recognized our practice for Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania. Chambers researchers have stated Blank Rome:
- “Acts for an impressive list of leading financial institutions, as well as owners, developers and REITs.”
- “Possesses strong capabilities in zoning and land use issues and is also regularly called upon for its expertise in restructuring work and tax assessment matters”
- Is “…regularly called upon for its expertise in restructuring work…”
- “...is ‘very, very strong in representing real estate developers.’”
- Recognized as a “Top Issuer Counsel” for U.S. commercial mortgage-backed securities (“CMBS”) by Commercial Mortgage Alert in February 2013.