“Acts for an impressive list of leading financial institutions, as well as owners, developers and REITs.”
— Chambers USA
Investments in the real estate market are particularly complex. Whether embarking on a joint venture, a merger, or buyout, or considering a tax credit investment, acquiring a REIT, or other investment options in the real estate market, you need counsel from attorneys who understand the market and the tax and regulatory implications.
Our clients include:
- Developers (including homebuilders)
- Entrepreneurial real estate companies and individuals
- Financial institutions
- Governmental entities
- Hotel, hospitality, and leisure companies
- Office building owners
- Private equity funds
- Public, private, and nonprofit companies
- Retail and shopping center owners
Blank Rome’s real estate attorneys can guide you through the process to ensure the business and financial implications align with your objectives. We can negotiate and document each transaction and assist you in conducting due diligence investigations. Our attorneys can also advise you on the sale and acquisition of entities, such as private or publicly traded REITs and have handled several of the largest REIT acquisition and privatization transactions in recent years.
How We Can Help
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating letters of intent and purchase and sale agreements, conveyance documents, financing documents, tax-deferred and multiple-party exchange agreements, and escrow instructions
- Conducting due diligence with regard to property title, easements, compliance and permitting requirements, and physical property evaluations
- Structuring and securing financing
- Analyzing tax issues and structuring transactions to minimize taxes (state, local and Federal) including, without limitation, 1031 exchanges
- Preparing stock and asset purchase and merger agreement
What Sets Us Apart
- National and regional Tier 1 rankings in U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® 2022 “Best Law Firms” for Real Estate Law.
- Chambers USA 2023 recognized our practice for Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania. Chambers researchers have stated Blank Rome:
- “Acts for an impressive list of leading financial institutions, as well as owners, developers and REITs.”
- “Possesses strong capabilities in zoning and land use issues and is also regularly called upon for its expertise in restructuring work and tax assessment matters”
- Is “…regularly called upon for its expertise in restructuring work…”
- “...is ‘very, very strong in representing real estate developers.’”
- Recognized as a “Top Issuer Counsel” for U.S. commercial mortgage-backed securities (“CMBS”) by Commercial Mortgage Alert in February 2013.