Whether you’re constructing a single building structure or engaging in a large-scale development expansion, you must navigate a complex spectrum of risks and opportunities.
From early project concepts to a final sale or leasing, Blank Rome’s real estate attorneys will work closely with you on all facets of your complex development projects.
Throughout the United States and around the world, we can guide you through legal issues and the business consequences of design and construction agreements. Our clients include:
- Investment banks
- Office building owners
- Shopping center owners
- Commercial banks
- Medical facilities
- Office and retail tenants
- Educational institutions
- Cooperative corporations
- Senior living facilities
Our team will help you identify potential challenges and devise creative solutions. Should contractor defaults or disputes arise, our deep litigation bench can help you resolve the claims efficiently. Our construction attorneys also advise on renovation projects for corporate clients who require large amounts of space to operate their business.
As part of the integrated project team, we work closely with your facilities, design, construction, and legal personnel, as well as project managers and consultants. We contribute to the team effort at every stage of the project, from the preparation of requests for proposals to the drafting and negotiation of contracts, the enforcement of contractors’ obligations and resolution of claims, and completion and close-out of the project.
How We Can Help
- Contract agreement development and negotiation
- Construction financing
- Performance/payment bonds
- New Markets Tax Credits
- Environmental issues
- LEED certifications
- Land use and zoning
- OCIP/CCIP insurance
- Employment and labor issues
- Dispute resolution and litigation
What Sets Us Apart
- National and regional Tier 1 rankings in U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® 2022 “Best Law Firms” for Real Estate Law.
- Chambers USA 2023 recognized our practice for Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania. Chambers researchers have stated Blank Rome:
- “Acts for an impressive list of leading financial institutions, as well as owners, developers and REITs.”
- “Possesses strong capabilities in zoning and land use issues and is also regularly called upon for its expertise in restructuring work and tax assessment matters”
- Is “…regularly called upon for its expertise in restructuring work…”
- “...is ‘very, very strong in representing real estate developers.’”