Rither Alabre, a former prosecutor and federal law clerk, concentrates his practice in the areas of white collar defense and investigations and complex commercial and corporate litigation, handling high-profile cases throughout the country.
Rither represents public and private companies and company executives in a wide variety of matters, such as:
- Criminal prosecutions and grand jury investigations by federal and state prosecutors involving securities fraud, antitrust, public corruption, bribery, government contracts, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, tax, money laundering, and bank fraud;
- Corporate internal investigations; and
- SEC and other federal regulatory proceedings.
Rither also represents victims of crimes, including victims of financial crimes and extortion, by advocating for their interests before federal and state prosecutors.
Rither has extensive appellate experience and has briefed and argued over 50 cases in federal and state courts, including the New York Court of Appeals, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Rither served as a law clerk to federal Judge Kenneth M. Hoyt of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas (Houston Division). Rither also served as a prosecutor in New York City for eight years.
Rither is fluent in French and Creole, and is proficient in Spanish.
Outside the Firm
Rither enjoys tennis, soccer, reading, biking, and spending time with his family.
- White Collar Defense & Investigations
- Labor & Employment
- Government Contracts
- Regulatory Compliance
- Appellate Litigation
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act & Anti-Corruption
- Internal Investigations
- False Claims Act Investigations & Defense
- Compliance & Investigations
- Anti-Money Laundering & Economic Sanctions