Ben Stonelake has a national reputation in the area of environmental law, was listed in the International Who’s Who of Environmental Attorneys for many years, and continues to be listed in Best Lawyers in America.
He assists commercial, financial, industrial, and entrepreneurial clients and local government agencies and authorities, with all aspects of environmental law, including:
- air and water pollution control and wetlands regulation
- regulation of solid and hazardous wastes and toxic substances
- Superfund and hazardous waste site cleanups
- risk-based remediation strategies
- brownfield redevelopment?
- toxic tort litigation
- environmental matters affecting bankruptcy proceedings
Ben was an attorney for the Middle Atlantic Region (Region 3) of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”) and was the chief enforcement attorney for that Region from 1979 to 1981. In addition, he has authored numerous articles and presented many lectures on various environmental law topics.
He assists clients with the purchase and sale of regulated facilities and contaminated properties and represents them in permitting new and existing facilities regulated under environmental laws. He also represents them in administrative, civil, and criminal enforcement proceedings and litigation to recover or apportion costs to clean up contaminated properties.