Cheryl Chang is a formidable litigator who focuses her multifaceted practice in consumer financial services and corporate litigation. She consistently strives to achieve favorable outcomes for her clients in complex corporate matters using her creative, pragmatic approach to conflicts and solutions in litigation, trial, and settlement negotiations.
Cheryl’s client representation ranges from multinational corporations to limited liability companies and privately held family businesses, across a variety of industries. She is recognized by co-counsel and opponents alike for her keen ability to see legal issues and business decisions from her clients’ point of view. She is fluent in spoken Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese, and French.
Cheryl litigates for corporate and entertainment clients before state and local courts in matters including:
- intellectual property
- consumer class action defense
Cheryl regularly represents manufacturers, retailers, lenders, and financial institutions in a variety of single plaintiff and class action litigation matters in federal bankruptcy and district courts, as well as state courts, in disputes under:
- Truth in Lending Act ("TILA")
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act ("RESPA")
- Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA")
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act ("ECOA")
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act ("TCPA")
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act ("FDCPA")
- California Rosenthal FDCPA
- California Consumers Legal Remedies Act ("CLRA")/Unfair Competition Law ("UCL")
- State Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices ("UDAP") claims
- California Prop 65 - Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act
- common law claims
Cheryl is co-chair of Blank Rome's Attorneys of Color Affinity Group, and a member of the Firm's Diversity and Pro Bono Committees.
Outside the Firm
Cheryl is a dedicated traveler and yogi, and uses most of her spare time finding new ways to combine the two.