“Blank Rome provides a holistic offering that allows the team to act on an array of litigation, transactional, and prosecution matters across the spectrum of IP rights and technologies.”
— Chambers USA
Blank Rome delivers high level legal services in all aspects of intellectual property law:
- Patent litigation
- Patent prosecution and counseling
- Trademark prosecution and enforcement
- IP licensing and transactions
- IP due diligence for M&A
- Copyright registrations and infringement
Blank Rome’s intellectual property attorneys are dedicated to helping clients develop, protect, strategically manage, and maximize the value of their intellectual assets. We have decades of experience working on every aspect of national and international patent, trademark, and copyright law in a wide range of industries, including:
- Biotechnology and bioscience
- Pharmaceuticals and biologics
- Computer hardware and networking
- Computer services and software
- Data processing
- Luxury brands
- Consumer goods
- Financial services
We combine our many years of practice in the law with deep technical knowledge to provide comprehensive IP support. Our attorneys have engineering and scientific degrees in the electrical and mechanical arts, computer science, medicine, chemistry, pharmacy, and applied mathematics.
Further, we have successfully represented clients before state and federal courts across the country, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”), the Patent Trial and Appeals Board (“PTAB”), the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board (“TTAB”), Inter Partes Review ("IPR") and on appeal from any of these tribunals to the appellate courts.
How We Can Help
Blank Rome’s intellectual property group has a deep bench of practitioners that bring both significant technical and in-house experience to the table.
This unique combination of skill and experience is why clients seek us out for our responsive, strategic, and proactive approach to aligning IP with business strategy. We listen carefully to how our clients define success in a particular matter, their concerns around controlling costs and ever tightening budgets, or how they anticipate leverage their IP assets for growth. We then develop pragmatic, value-added, and results-oriented solutions to these real-world business challenges.
What Sets Us Apart
- 45 patent litigators, including 15 that have served as lead counsel and 26 with jury trial experience
- 40 patent prosecutors and patent agents
- 20 trademark attorneys
- 35 transactional attorneys
- 15 former in-house counsel
- 2,000+ patent applications prepared and filed in the last five years
- 2,500+ trademark applications prepared and filed in the last five years
- 430+ patent cases in the last five years
- 100+ trademark and copyright cases in the last five years
- 90+ PTAB proceedings
- 120+ TTAB proceedings
- 80+ appellate cases
Blank Rome has earned a national reputation as one of the top law firms in intellectual property:
- 2023 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers®(Woodward/White, Inc.) nationally ranks:
- Litigation – Intellectual Property
- Litigation – Patent
- Patent Law
- 2023 Chambers USA: ranked Blank Rome for Intellectual Property in Texas.
- 2023 IAM Patent 1000 (Globe Business Media Group) listed Blank Rome in the D.C. Metro Area as recommended in the litigation and prosecution.
- 2011–2023 World Trademark Review (Globe Business Media Group) recognized the firm for its trademark practice.
- 2017 IPR Intelligence Report (Patexia): Top 50 firm for Inter Partes Reviews.
- 2017 Managing IP – IP Stars (Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC): Recommended Intellectual Property Firm – Pennsylvania.
- 2012–2013 Corsearch: Top 50 Trademark firm nationally based on volume of applications.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- ADG M&A
- Data Rights, Licensing & IP Issues in Government Contracting
- Inter Partes Reviews & Post-Grant Proceedings
- IP Due Diligence
- IP Licensing & Technology Transactions
- Patent Overview
- Patent Litigation
- Patent Prosecution
- Life Sciences - Intellectual Property