Domingo M. LLagostera concentrates his practice on procuring, protecting, and enforcing intellectual property rights, with a primary focus on patent and trade secret litigation and business counseling. Throughout his career, Domingo has represented a diverse group of clients in numerous technology industries, including oil and gas, software/hardware, telecommunications, biotechnologies, and medical devices.
Understanding that each client has unique business concerns, Domingo’s objective is to develop and carry out tailored and cost-effective intellectual property strategies.
Intellectual Property Litigation
Domingo has represented clients through all phases of patent and trade secret litigation in federal court, including:
- case strategy and management
- strategic patent reexamination (including inter partes review)
- discovery, including depositions and motions practice
- infringement and invalidity contentions
- claim construction
- expert depositions and reports
- trial and arbitration
Intellectual Property Counseling and Transactions
Domingo is also active in a wide range of intellectual property investigative and transactional work, including:
- general business counseling
- freedom-to-operate opinions
- patent landscape analyses
- patent infringement/invalidity opinions
- investigations in anticipation of litigation
- pre-suit settlement negotiations
- licenses and assignments
- diligence in mergers/acquisitions
Domingo also prosecutes domestic and foreign patent applications in a wide range of technology fields, including software, oil and gas, biotechnology, and semiconductors.
Domingo frequently writes on intellectual property matters and cases in leading industry publications, and has also been published on the topic of immigration reform.