Jay Lessler concentrates his practice in domestic and foreign patent procurement, transactions involving intellectual property, client counseling, and patent litigation, primarily in the chemical, pharmaceutical, biotech, and computer software arts.
Jay works closely with inventors and in-house counsel to devise effective strategies to build and protect intellectual property assets.. His experience includes:
- all areas of patent prosecution involving domestic and foreign patents
- patent term extension proceedings
- licensing and joint development agreements
- purchase agreements
- material transfer agreements
- conducting due diligence investigations
- conducting validity and freedom-to-operate studies
- counseling clients in connection with the Hatch-Waxman Act and the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act
- preparation of Paragraph IV Notice letters and Offers for Confidential Access pursuant to the Hatch-Waxman Act
- counseling regarding the listability of patents in the FDA Orange Book
He also has significant ANDA, biotech, and trade secret litigation experience.
Jay was the co-chair of Practising Law Institute’s (“PLI’s”) annual Advanced Patent Prosecution Workshop from 2006 through 2021.