Russell Wong helps clients meet their business goals when dealing with intellectual property issues. He concentrates his practice on advising clients on handling intellectual property issues, including:
- resolving disputes, whether it’s litigation or an out of court assertion
- licensing IP, both inbound to the client or outbound of the client's technology
- developing and implementing strategies for building a valuable patent portfolio strategy
Russell combines his law firm experience with his past experience as chief IP counsel of a Fortune 50 company to achieve those objectives. He uses those experiences to keep in mind the business goals when addressing legal issues.
He represents a wide range of clients, in many technologies, such as:
- nanotechnologies, such as carbon nanotubes and quantum dots
- petrochemicals and chemistries, including processes, equipment, and catalysts
- computer hardware and software
- LED technologies
- oilfield technologies
His clients range from startups to large multinational corporations.
His litigation experience spans the technology areas mentioned above, including LED signs, video technology, notebook computer technology, chemical drag reducers, and mapping technology.
Russell frequently speaks on IP topics, including patent licensing, business method patents, and standards activities.
Chambers USA quotes sources who say that Russell is “a very good transactions lawyer and an excellent practitioner.”