Ken Bressler is a litigator with more than 30 years of experience litigating and trying complex corporate/financial services-related and intellectual property disputes.
- Officers and directors of a bankrupt manufacturing entity, in claims of breach of fiduciary duty pending in Georgia bankruptcy court.
- Members of a real estate partnership, in claims of breach of fiduciary duty pending in Delaware bankruptcy court.
- An issuer/putative debtor, in In re Taberna IV in involuntary bankruptcy case filed in the Southern District of New York, leading to dismissal of the involuntary petition and payment of over $700,000 in attorney fees.
- An issuer/putative debtor, in In re Zohar CDO 2003-1, in involuntary bankruptcy case, leading to the dismissal of the petition and payment of attorneys’ fees.
- Swap counter-party named as defendant in interpleader action contesting termination of the swap, leading to dismissal of the interpleader.
- Several multiplatform funds holding senior secured positions in a bankrupt company, in a suit brought by a junior creditor alleging that the funds breached various contracts by receiving a security interest in certain of the company's assets as collateral for debtor-in-possession financing.
- One of the world’s largest multiplatform funds, in obtaining the release of options worth nine figures held in a bankruptcy estate.
- A marine terminal operator, in claims of exclusionary practices brought in the Eastern District of Virginia and the Federal Maritime Commission.
- One of the country’s largest buyers of debt, in various class action cases under the FDCPA
- Atlantic Recording Corporation and Led Zeppelin, in contract action brought by former attorney, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturer ZTE, in multi-patent infringement action in the Eastern District of Texas. Case settled after Markman decision.
- AT&T Services, Inc.; Comcast Cable Communications LLC; Microsoft Corporation; Time Warner Cable, Inc.; Yahoo! Inc.; and Return Path, Inc., in a patent infringement action in the District of Delaware and obtained a favorable Markman Opinion leading to a concession of non-infringement and an assessment of costs.
- Centillion Data Systems, in patent infringement in the Southern District of Indiana, including obtaining a Federal Circuit decision setting the law for divided infringement in system claims.
- Return Path, in a patent infringement action in the Northern District of Georgia, and obtained dismissal on summary judgment and affirmance on appeal of non-infringement, leading to an award of costs.
- UMG Recordings, in an action for trademark and copyright infringement, and obtained a judgment after trial awarding damages including attorneys' fees, amounting to 125 times the infringers' profits.
AlertIntellectual Property and Technology
ArticleMaritime Reporter and Engineering News
AlertMainbrace (June 2015, No. 3)
ArticleMainbrace (June 2015, No. 3)
- New York
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Dickinson College, BA
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, JD, cum laude