Scarlett L. Montenegro Ordoñez concentrates her practice on general litigation matters and a variety of intellectual property and technology law matters. Some of the areas in which Scarlett has assisted clients include:
- Disputes against insurance companies involving a wide range of insurance policies, including commercial general liability, and professional liability
- Federal litigation, including matters involving copyright and trademark infringement and unfair competition
- Prosecution and maintenance of trademark and service mark filings and inter partes disputes before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Trademark and service mark enforcement matters in the United States and globally
- Intellectual property licensing
- Copyright counseling
- Internet issues and domain name disputes
- Intellectual property and technology transactions, mergers, and acquisitions, including due diligence
Scarlett is a member of the Blank Rome diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) affinity groups BR United (multicultural attorneys of color) and BR Latinx.
Scarlett previously served as a summer associate at Blank Rome. Prior to joining the firm, Scarlett served as an Office of General Counsel Legal Extern at AmeriCorps and a WCL Equal Justice Foundation Summer Law Clerk at the Maryland Office of the Public Defender.
During law school, Scarlett served as a senior staffer for the American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy, & the Law, in which her articles were published. Additionally, she served as the president of the Latin American Law Student Association.
Scarlett is a native Spanish speaker and is conversant in American Sign Language.
Outside the Firm
Scarlett enjoys cooking and baking, especially dishes learned from her Nicaraguan mother and grandmother. Scarlett is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and volunteers with the Posse Foundation, of which she is an alumna.