Jonathan R. King is a patent prosecution attorney relied upon by global companies and research universities to protect their inventions. By focusing his practice on the ever-shifting law of software patentability, Jonathan has become an invaluable resource to software innovators looking to protect their inventions both in the United States and abroad. With a technical background in electrical engineering, Jonathan previously served as a patent examiner where he examined patent applications for display technologies, touch screen computers, and graphical user interfaces.
- Responsible for managing and expanding a patent portfolio for a national weather forecasting company that includes more than 50 issued patents in 17 countries.
- Prosecutes patent applications for innovations developed by the electrical engineering and computer science departments of major research universities.
- Evaluated the technology and intellectual property of a Canadian-based information technology company prior to a multimillion dollar acquisition of the company’s stock.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Catholic University of America, BEE
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, JD