Ameya (“Arun”) Paradkar concentrates his practice in intellectual property matters, with a particular focus on patent litigation and counseling in software and biotechnology. He has experience in authentication, encoding, rendering, database, and artificial intelligence (“AI”) technologies, as well as in pharmaceuticals.
As a part of his counseling practice, Arun is experienced in prosecuting software, biotechnical, and electro-mechanical technologies before the USPTO and in the management of trade secrets and license agreements.
As an experienced litigator, Arun has:
- Argued in court on the subject matter eligibility of software claims
- Taken and defended technical depositions
- Prepared experts and other witnesses for depositions
- Drafted briefs and motions in pending litigation
- Assisted experts in the preparation of infringement and damages reports
- Assisted experts in source code analyses in Python, C++, C#, Java, and PHP
Arun has litigated patent infringement matters in U.S. District Courts for:
- The District of Delaware
- The Southern District of New York
- The District of New Jersey
- The Eastern District of Texas
- The Central District of California
In addition, he has litigated patent infringement issues in Section 337 investigations before the International Trade Commission.
He also has experience in:
- Preparation of Paragraph IV Notice letters, Offers for Confidential Access, and validity and non-infringement opinions pursuant to the Hatch-Waxman Act
- Freedom-to-operate and patentability analyses for medical devices and software
While in law school, Arun was the managing editor of the Journal of Business & Technology Law and an editor for the Maryland Entrepreneur’s Guide. He was also president of the Business Law Society and a member of the Maryland Intellectual Property Student Association.
Arun previously served under the Honorable Marvin J. Garbis of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Prior to law school, Arun was a Senior Derivatives Analyst at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in New York, where his area of concentration was equity derivatives.
Outside the Firm
Arun serves as captain of the firm-sponsored soccer team for the DC SCORES charity and as an alumni interviewer for Dartmouth College.