Ameya (“Arun”) Paradkar concentrates his practice in intellectual property matters, with a particular focus on patent litigation and prosecution in software, biochemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
As an experienced litigator, Arun has:
- argued a motion on subject matter eligibility of a software patent
- taken and defended technical depositions
- prepared experts for depositions
- drafted briefs and motions
- assisted experts in the preparation of infringement and damages reports
- assisted experts in source code analyses in Python, C++, C#, Java, and PHP
Arun has litigated patent infringement matters in:
- the District of Delaware
- the District of New Jersey
- the Eastern District of Texas
He also has experience in:
- preparation of Paragraph IV Notice letters, Offers for Confidential Access, and validity and non-infringement opinions pursuant to the Hatch-Waxman Act
- freedom-to-operate analyses for medical devices and software operating with such devices
As a part of his counseling practice, Arun is experienced in prosecuting software, biotechnical, and electro-mechanical technologies before the USPTO and in the management of trade secrets and license agreeements.
While in law school, Arun was the managing editor of the Journal of Business & Technology Law and an editor for the Maryland Entrepreneur’s Guide. He was also president of the Business Law Society and a member of the Maryland Intellectual Property Student Association.
Arun previously served under the Honorable Marvin J. Garbis of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Prior to law school, Arun was a Senior Derivatives Analyst at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in New York, where he specialized in equity derivatives.
Arun serves as captain of the Firm-sponsored soccer team for the DC SCORES charity and as an alumni interviewer for Dartmouth College.