“Everyone there was professional, personable and knowledgeable. I have no hesitation recommending them. “
— Client feedback, Chambers USA
Chemicals are the building blocks of the lives we live. They exist in household and commercial products that are used every day. The legal environment and expanding regulations governing the chemical industry create substantial challenges and risks for businesses and require a thorough understanding of environmental law and the realities of chemical manufacturing, storage, transport, and more. The bottom line is you need counsel who understands your sector and can assemble the legal resources your business needs for success.
Blank Rome provides experience-based advice to our chemical clients, assisting them in the expansion, development, and protection of their businesses and companies. We help promote and protect the vital interests of many of the chemical industry’s leading manufacturers, distributors, and transporters. We also represent a significant number of regional and national banks, investment banks, and other investors in capital markets and structured finance transactions in the sector.
We’ve built our chemical industry team of attorneys from across disciplines. Depending on your needs, we can pull together attorneys deeply experienced in transactions, environmental and regulatory matters, dispute resolution, investigations and compliance, intellectual property, and tax. The breadth of our resources and our pragmatic approach to handling issues makes us a valuable resource for clients navigating risks to achieve business goals.
How We Can Help
We’re able to offer a full range of services to clients in the chemical industries, including:
- environmental compliance and enforcement counseling
- commercial, corporate, and patent litigation
- mergers and acquisitions, and lending
- toxic tort litigation
- regulatory advice and compliance
- transactional management and counseling
- state and federal taxation and strategies to minimize adverse financial impacts
- hazardous materials transportation
- intellectual property, patent, and trademark counseling
- labor law and employment counseling
- international trade, including export and import controls and regulations
- internal corporate investigations and white collar criminal defense
What Sets Us Apart
- Our team includes a former U.S. Secretary of Energy, a former Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, a Chief Judge of the Environmental Hearing Board, and former officials of the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Justice.
- Several of our attorneys are former high-level executives in major integrated oil, chemical, and natural resources companies and one served as a general counsel of a major public utility.
- We help our clients keep current on the latest trends in the industry through our blog, Energy and Environmental Trends Watch.