With a record number of private equity firms in the marketplace, including numerous new entrants, competition is increasing for available opportunities. A host of regulatory and legislative matters could potentially impact the industry and increase the complexity of structuring and managing funds and their transactions and portfolio companies.
Whether you are a private fund, portfolio company, banking or financial institution, or privately held business, Blank Rome’s private equity attorneys can advise you on structuring and implementing sophisticated acquisition and financing transactions. We apply a multidisciplinary approach using the experience our attorneys have with M&A, tax, ERISA, securities, real estate, intellectual property, international trade, and environmental law that addresses your specific needs. In particular, our team focuses on tax-advantaged structuring for both buyers and sellers in private equity transactions.
How We Can Help
Blank Rome has a long history of working with private equity firms. With backgrounds in business and accounting, and experience at numerous regulatory agencies, including the SEC and the IRS, our attorneys provide a practical, business-minded methodology to solving complex legal issues. We utilize a proactive approach to help our clients structure and implement all types of sophisticated acquisition transactions.
We have strong relationships with financing sources and investment banks, and we can make introductions and facilitate business relationships for our investor and private equity clients.
What Sets Us Apart
- Received top national and state rankings for Corporate Law and M&A Law in U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers.
- Blank Rome has been ranked top-tier in M&A Middle Market by The Legal 500, which stated that the firm is “extremely active in the purchase, sale, and combination of business entities.”
- Consistently ranked as a “Top 10” firm focusing on M&A matters, according to the Directors & Boards annual survey of directors of major North American companies.
- Chambers USA 2023 ranks Blank Rome for its Corporate/M&A & Private Equity work in Philadelphia and Surrounds and notes that clients say:
- “Blank Rome is one of the most responsive firms I have worked with. It has outstanding commercial awareness.”
- “The firm is staffed with a broad-based set of knowledgeable and experienced legal partners. It is truly among the finest legal teams I've worked with.”
- Our attorneys are frequent lecturers on M&A matters and are well known for “writing the book” on all aspects of valuing and selling businesses and capital formation entitles, such as The Complete Guide to Valuing and Selling your Business.