Dan Blickman has substantial experience with a wide range of federal income tax issues:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private investment funds
- Real estate
- International tax
- Capital markets
- Complex investment structures
He has represented large public companies, middle-market companies, small or start-up companies, and individuals.
Investments funds—GP and LP Practice
- Dan has worked on hundreds of private investment funds and has more than 20 years of experience
- Dan functions as both a business and tax attorney on investment funds
- GP Practice—fund formation of private equity style funds, hedge funds, hybrid structures
- LP Practice—represents institutional investors, including endowments, foundations, and pensions, with over $20 billion in assets
- Inbound and outbound structures
- UBTI planning for tax-exempt investors
- GP carried interest structuring
Chambers USA has recognized Dan as a leader in tax law, with one source stating, “He is a genius. He has always provided a solution to every one of our problems.” Another lauds Dan’s “unique ability to converse with me in plain English rather than in technical jargon.”
Outside the Firm
- Dan has experience as a principal in a family business.
- Dan still enjoys serious history books after his earlier career as a professional historian and scholar.
- Dan knows that basketball is the greatest sport.