“Admired for its broad [skill] in the labor and employment sector…Clients appreciate the ‘consistently effective practice’ for its ‘absolute dedication’ and ‘uniformly good work.’ ”
— Chambers USA
Blank Rome’s nationally-recognized labor and employment attorneys represent clients in an array of issues faced by HR managers and in-house counsel. Our labor and employment team is committed to understanding your business, your needs and priorities, and the unique risks you face. We offer counseling and compliance support to help you avoid problems before they arise. And with the support of more than 300 litigators across 14 offices, we are ready and able to help you resolve disputes efficiently to minimize disruption to your business.
How We Can Help
- Affirmative action
- Business transactions
- Class and collective actions
- Employee benefits and ERISA
- Executive compensation
- Labor management relations
- Policy review and audits
- Strategic counseling and employment practices
- Trade secret protection, employee defection, and unfair competition
- Wage and hour
- Workplace investigations
What Sets Us Apart
- Ranked Tier 1 in 2020 U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® (Woodward/White, Inc.) nationally and Philadelphia for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law. Also ranked nationally for Employment Law – Management and Litigation - Labor & Employment, and regionally for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Employment Law – Management, and Litigation - Labor & Employment.
- 2019 Chambers USA: ranked Blank Rome for labor and employment in Pennsylvania. Editors write that Blank Rome’s Labor and Employment practice:
- “Maintains a strong profile for its handling of complex trade secrets and restrictive covenant disputes. Also offers experience across labor law matters such as contract negotiation and unfair labor practice disputes. Fields notable expertise in public and private sector employee benefits matters and executive compensation issues.”
“‘They can think two to three steps ahead, and while they are excellent regarding the meat and potatoes of the day-to-day law and legal framework, they are even better at thinking practically and logically as to how situations and scenarios will likely resolve.’”
“‘I need employee benefits attorneys with strong technical knowledge, industry experience, and a practical approach. I need counsel to be able to translate a technical area into common sense language for the client. Blank Rome does this very well.’”
“‘The team is very engaged. They communicate well and have years of working together, which enables efficiencies.’”
- We invest in long-term relationships and create client service teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of legal services.
- We place an emphasis on preventive measures to preempt problems before they arise.
- We provide value-added services to our clients, including in-house training programs, CLE programs, legal briefings, and newsletters.