Blank Rome’s employment attorneys have significant experience advising clients on the requirements of the myriad federal and state wage and hour laws that regulate how employees must be paid, including the:
- Fair Labor Standards Act ("FLSA")
- Service Contract Act
- Davis-Bacon Act
- Walsh-Healy Act
- Equal Pay Act
- Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
We also regularly represent employers before state and federal administrative agencies in wage-hour audits and have a robust court practice in which we defend clients against claims that they have violated state and/or federal wage and hour laws and regulations.
What We Do
- Perform internal audits of our clients’ wage and hour policies to determine whether they are:
- accurately classifying employees as either exempt or non-exempt
- appropriately classifying independent contractors
- requiring employees to perform “off the clock” work without compensation
- making “bonus”/extra payments which qualify for overtime pay
- maintaining accurate records, including whether they are utilizing a compliant “rounding” system
- Defend clients before state and federal courts and administrative agencies in a variety of matters, including:
- claims of noncompliance
- violation of FLSA and state wage laws
- negotiating reductions in potential exposure
What Sets Us Apart
- An emphasis on compliance and litigation avoidance. FLSA compliance is a prime example of where “an ounce of prevention” may result in significant long-term savings.
- Focus on training clients’ staff to recognize issues and prevent violations.
- Development of solutions-oriented approach to claims of noncompliance.