CO-CHAIR, COMMERCIAL LITIGATION PRACTICE GROUP
Jayme Butcher has built her practice helping clients in a wide variety of litigation matters, including:
- Intellectual property issues, including misappropriation of trade secrets and non-competes
- Employment issues, including discrimination and wrongful termination
- Complex business issues, including breach of contract, fraud, and other business torts
- FINRA arbitrations
Jayme has first chair experience in courts across the country and has also led commercial arbitrations at the American Arbitration Association and at FINRA, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
Recognized by numerous Pittsburgh organizations for her professional excellence, Jayme helps clients reach their goals by developing clearly defined litigation strategies that complement clients’ broader business objectives. Consistent with that, Jayme routinely uses and proposes value billing arrangements tailored to fit each engagement, demonstrating that she is always mindful of the stated objective and achieving it in the most cost-effective manner.
Jayme was inducted into the Fellows Class of 2019 of the Allegheny County Bar Foundation. In 1996, the Foundation established the Fellows program as a formal means of recognizing and honoring attorneys who have demonstrated a commitment to excellence in charitable, community, professional, and public service activities.
Outside the Firm
Jayme is the proud mother of a teenage daughter who she regularly includes in her charitable work. She also makes a concerted effort to expose her daughter to all aspects of her career so that she grows up with an understanding and appreciation of what her mom does—which is to help her clients.
- Product Liability
- Labor & Employment
- Financial Institutions Litigation and Regulatory Compliance (“FILARC”)
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Trade Secrets & Competitive Hiring
- Class Action Defense
- ADA Title III Litigation & Compliance
- Banking Litigation