“…renowned for its expertise in appellate matters.”
— Chambers USA
The stakes are never higher than when your case is on appeal. The outcome of years of litigation hinges on a well-considered strategy, a precisely crafted appellate brief, and one oral argument. Appeals require unique combinations of experience and judgment across a broad array of jurisdictional laws.
Blank Rome’s appellate practice has prepared strategic briefs and argued in hundreds of federal and state court cases, as well as before the Supreme Court. We represent amicus curiae before the appellate courts on matters of significant public interest.
Our team has led appeals on the merits in many types of civil cases, and we have handled venue and jurisdictional appeals, injunction appeals, governmental and public official immunity appeals, discovery mandamus, and petitions for Supreme Court review.
In addition, we have collaborated with Thomson Reuters Practical Law to develop practice note resources on civil appeals in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, which are available for our clients and readers here. Thomson Reuters’ members are also able to download these resources through our Firm’s published Contributor Page.
What Sets Us Apart
With a deep bench led by Stephen M. Orlofsky, former United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey, our team includes many of the United States’ leading litigators and legal scholars, including former Judges, U.S. Department of Justice (“DOJ”) assistant U.S. attorneys, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) appellate attorneys, district attorneys, and federal and state court law clerks.
Recent recognitions include:
- Law360 named Blank Rome a 2017 “Pennsylvania Powerhouse” and recognized “its prolific national litigation practice and deep bench strength.”
- Ranked Tier 1 in 2022 U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® (Woodward/White, Inc.) national ranks for Commercial Litigation, Banking and Finance, Bankruptcy, Tax Law, and White Collar Litigation. Also highly ranked nationally for Patent, Securities, Environmental, and Labor & Employment.
- Chambers USA editors state Blank Rome has a:
- “Significant commercial litigation practice, offering sought-after representation across a range of cases including securities, antitrust, environmental, construction and cybersecurity disputes. Further highlighted for its federal appellate work and for its experience in class action defense.”
- Chambers USA editors further remark:
- “The litigation team was excellent. Each of the lawyers brought a very interesting element to the team and they blended together well. They were great and I would highly recommend them!"
- Antitrust Counseling & Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Privacy Class Action Defense
- Delaware Corporate Litigation
- Mass Torts & Complex Disputes
- Product Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices
- Toxic Torts
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation
- White Collar Defense & Investigations