Jared Zola advocates for commercial insurance policyholders in high-stakes, complex litigation and corporate transactions. He represents policyholders against their insurance companies as lead counsel in precedent-setting lawsuits across the nation and at the deal table as insurance counsel on multi-billion dollar mergers and acquisitions. Jared uses his courtroom and real world experience to provide clients with practical, business-focused solutions to complex legal issues. He has helped clients secure more than one billion dollars in insurance recoveries.
Jared is a member of Blank Rome’s Pro Bono Committee. He is also a founding member of the firm's Severe Weather Emergency Recovery Team, which provides clients and their employees aid and services to the relief efforts, including insurance recovery.
Jared’s nationally-recognized work maximizing insurance assets has earned him significant praise, as noted in his recognitions listed below.
- The 2017 edition of Legal 500 noted that he is “a young star of the policyholder bar” and named him a “Next Generation Lawyer”—one of four nationally in the insurance category.
- He was also named to Benchmark Litigation’s 2017 “Under 40 Hotlist,” which ranks attorneys “who have been deemed the most promising emerging talent in their respective litigation communities by peers and clients.”
- In 2017, he was named by Law360 as a “Top Attorney Under 40” for the fourth consecutive year in the insurance category for his work on behalf of policyholders—he is the only attorney to ever be named a “Rising Star” more than once in the insurance category.
- In 2016, the New York Law Journal named Jared a “Rising Star” under the age of 40.
- Every year beginning in 2013, Chambers USA recognizes Jared as a leading policyholder insurance lawyer. Chambers noted that his clients appreciate that he is “very creative in the way he approaches problems with insurers” and that he is “accomplished, responsive, and provided clarity throughout the legal process—he was unequivocal in his commitment to the legal resolution” and “very professional and responsive, and has a good feel for nuances.”
Jared’s accomplishments for policyholders on a national stage has led to frequent invitations to share his thoughts on cutting-edge issues facing his clients.
- Jared is a frequent analyst for NBC News, CBS News, Business Insurance, and Law360.
- He publishes on a wide range of issues impacting insurance coverage and is regularly asked to speak at events, seminars, and legal education programs across the country.
- Recently, he presented on “Key Insurance Coverage Issues for In-house Counsel” to the national Association of Corporate Counsel, on “Cyber Risk” at the Northeast Corporate Counsel Forum, on “The Importance of Cybersecurity in the CPG Industry” at the Grocery Manufacturers Association 2017 Legal Conference, and co-chaired the “Hurricane Claims Forum” at the 2017 HB Litigation Conference.
Jared has litigated cases across the country for corporate clients as well as high net worth individuals and religious institutions.
Jared actively supports several charities. Together with his wife, Katie, Jared is a member of the ASPCA Bergh Ball Associate Committee. He also raises money for and rides in the annual “Cycle for Survival” event, which is Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s national fundraising movement to beat rare cancers.
Jared is a regular fixture in spin classes at SoulCycle’s Tribeca and FiDi studios in lower Manhattan.