Jared Zola is a partner in Blank Rome’s policyholder-only insurance recovery practice, formerly the insurance practice of Dickstein Shapiro LLP. One of the nation's preeminent policyholder lawyers, Jared’s work in high-stakes cases across the country has earned him consistent praise.
Jared is ranked highly in insurance by Chambers USA. Lexology named him the United States' 2020 Client Choice Award winner in Insurance based on client nominations and recommendations. In 2019, the New York Law Journal named Jared a “New York Trailblazer” in its inaugural list (the only insurance lawyer across all practices). From 2014 to 2017, he was named by Law360 as a “Top Attorney Under 40” in four consecutive years in the insurance category for his work on behalf of policyholders—he is the only attorney to ever be named a “Rising Star” more than once in the insurance category.
Jared is a Fellow of the American College of Coverage Counsel (“ACCC”), an invitation-only organization dedicated to improving the quality of the practice of insurance law and to increasing civility and professionalism in the field. The ACCC engages in a rigorous vetting process prior to inviting a lawyer to become a Fellow, with its members including many of the most prominent advocates in the insurance law bar.
Jared’s accomplishments for policyholders on a national stage has led to frequent invitations to share his thoughts on cutting-edge issues facing his clients. Jared is a frequent analyst for the Washington Post, NBC News, CBS News, Business Insurance, Insurance Business America, and Law360. He publishes on a wide range of issues impacting insurance coverage and is regularly asked to speak at events, seminars, and legal education programs across the country.
Jared’s nationally-recognized work maximizing insurance assets has earned him significant praise, as noted in his recognitions listed below.
- Every year beginning in 2013, Chambers USA recognizes Jared as a leading policyholder insurance lawyer. Chambers recommended Jared for his “expert handling of complex, high-stakes and often sensitive coverage disputes” and noted that his clients appreciate that he is “very creative in the way he approaches problems with insurers” and that he is “accomplished, responsive, and provided clarity throughout the legal process—he was unequivocal in his commitment to the legal resolution,” and “is an excellent strategist and tactician; he knows how to approach complicated and difficult situations.”
- Jared was a recipient of a Lexology 2020 Client Choice Award, which recognizes attorneys from around the world who “stand apart for the excellent client care they provide and the quality of their service.” He was recognized for Insurance, with clients noting that Jared “knows how to make complex topics easily understandable” and that he “always makes sure to put his clients’ urgent matters first.” Others stated, “Jared is practical, quick and accurate” and he “has a very good sense of nuanced strategy.”
- The 2019–2020 editions of Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance recognized Jared for his “outstanding work in the practice area” and commentators highlighted that he is an “outside-the-box thinker and expert negotiator” who “combines high technical expertise with a client-friendly approach.”
- The 2017–2020 editions of Legal 500 noted that he is “a young star of the policyholder bar,” recommended him, and named him a “Next Generation Lawyer.”
- He was also named to Benchmark Litigation’s 2017 “Under 40 Hotlist,” which ranks attorneys “who have been deemed the most promising emerging talent in their respective litigation communities by peers and clients.”
- In 2017, he was named by Law360 as a “Top Attorney Under 40” for the fourth consecutive year in the insurance category for his work on behalf of policyholders.
- In 2016, the New York Law Journal named Jared a “Rising Star” under the age of 40.
- In 2018, he was profiled in The Cardozo Journal of Outstanding Alumni.
Outside the Firm
Jared actively supports several charities. Together with his wife, Katie, Jared is a member of the ASPCA Bergh Ball Associate Committee. He also raises money for and rides in the annual “Cycle for Survival” event, which is Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s national fundraising movement to beat rare cancers.
Jared is a regular fixture in spin classes at SoulCycle’s Tribeca and FiDi studios in lower Manhattan.