Jared Zola advocates for commercial insurance policyholders in high-stakes, complex litigation and corporate transactions. He represents policyholders against their insurance companies as lead counsel in precedent-setting lawsuits across the nation and at the deal table as insurance counsel on multi-billion dollar mergers and acquisitions. Jared uses his courtroom and real world experience to provide clients with practical, business-focused solutions to complex legal issues. He has helped clients secure more than one billion dollars in insurance recoveries.
Jared is a Fellow of the American College of Coverage Counsel (“ACCC”), an invitation-only organization dedicated to improving the quality of the practice of insurance law and to increasing civility and professionalism in the field. The ACCC engages in a rigorous vetting process prior to inviting a lawyer to become a Fellow, with its members including many of the most prominent members of the insurance law bar.
In 2018, Jared was appointed to two prestigious boards. He was appointed to the Rutgers Cybersecurity Advisory Board. Board membership consists of a diverse, innovative, and well-connected network of top-flight executives who have been invited based on personal and professional accomplishments. He was also appointed to Law360’s 2018 Insurance Editorial Advisory Board, whose purpose is to get feedback on Law360’s coverage and to gain insight from leaders in the field on how best to shape future coverage.
Jared’s accomplishments for policyholders on a national stage has led to frequent invitations to share his thoughts on cutting-edge issues facing his clients.
- Jared is a frequent analyst for the Washington Post, NBC News, CBS News, Business Insurance, Insurance Business America, and Law360.
- He publishes on a wide range of issues impacting insurance coverage and is regularly asked to speak at events, seminars, and legal education programs across the country.
- Recently, he presented on “Key Insurance Coverage Issues for In-house Counsel” to the national Association of Corporate Counsel, on “Cyber Risk” at the Northeast Corporate Counsel Forum, on “Protecting Your Brand During and After False Advertising Litigation" at the Grocery Manufacturers Association Legal Conference, and co-chaired the HB Litigation Conference “Hurricane Claims Forum.”
- Jared is presenting at the 2019 RIMS (Risk and Insurance Management Society, Inc.) annual conference in Boston.
Jared’s nationally-recognized work maximizing insurance assets has earned him significant praise, as noted in his recognitions listed below.
- Every year beginning in 2013, Chambers USA recognizes Jared as a leading policyholder insurance lawyer. Chambers noted that his clients appreciate that he is “very creative in the way he approaches problems with insurers” and that he is “accomplished, responsive, and provided clarity throughout the legal process—he was unequivocal in his commitment to the legal resolution,” he is “very professional and responsive, and has a good feel for nuances,” and “is incredibly hard-working, tenacious and strategic.”
- The 2017 and 2018 editions of Legal 500 noted that he is “a young star of the policyholder bar,” recommended him, and named him a “Next Generation Lawyer.”
- He was also named to Benchmark Litigation’s 2017 “Under 40 Hotlist,” which ranks attorneys “who have been deemed the most promising emerging talent in their respective litigation communities by peers and clients.”
- In 2017, he was named by Law360 as a “Top Attorney Under 40” for the fourth consecutive year in the insurance category for his work on behalf of policyholders—he is the only attorney to ever be named a “Rising Star” more than once in the insurance category.
- In 2016, the New York Law Journal named Jared a “Rising Star” under the age of 40.
- In 2018, he was listed in Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance.
- In 2018, he was profiled in The Cardozo Journal of Outstanding Alumni.
Outside the Firm
Jared actively supports several charities. Together with his wife, Katie, Jared is a member of the ASPCA Bergh Ball Associate Committee. He also raises money for and rides in the annual “Cycle for Survival” event, which is Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s national fundraising movement to beat rare cancers.
Jared is a regular fixture in spin classes at SoulCycle’s Tribeca and FiDi studios in lower Manhattan.