“Established group of highly skilled litigators noted for its capabilities in major general commercial disputes.”
— Chambers USA
Delaware is the unquestioned center for the development of corporate and commercial law. With its Court of Chancery, it boasts a judiciary with unmatched experience resolving complex business and corporate governance disputes. Businesses need counsel who have familiarity and the facility to guide clients through the Delaware courts.
Our Delaware corporate litigation attorneys have maintained a significant presence before the Court of Chancery and Delaware Supreme Court for decades. From takeover battles and proxy contests to class actions, we regularly appear before these courts and are familiar with the individual practices of the jurists who serve on them.
Combining resources across the firm with our Delaware attorneys promotes efficiency and cost effectiveness to better serve our clients. In addition to serving as lead counsel for our clients, our Delaware office is often engaged by many of the largest law firms across the country and the world to serve as local or special counsel in cases pending in Delaware.
How We Can Help
We represent corporations and their officers, directors, and shareholders in cases involving:
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Officer and director fiduciary duties and alleged breach of fiduciary duty
- Appraisal and quasi-appraisal
- Books and records requests
- Partnerships, limited partnerships, limited liability, and holding companies
What Sets Us Apart
- Our litigation team is comprised of nearly 30 former Department of Justice attorneys and five former judges and many of the team members are members of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Law360 named Blank Rome a 2017 “Pennsylvania Powerhouse” and recognized “its prolific national litigation practice and deep bench strength.”
- Ranked Tier 1 in 2021 U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® (Woodward/White, Inc.) national ranks for Commercial Litigation, Banking and Finance, Bankruptcy, Tax Law, and White Collar Litigation. Also highly ranked nationally for Intellectual Property, Patent, Securities, Environmental, and Labor & Employment.
- Chambers USA editors state Blank Rome has a:
- “Significant commercial litigation practice, offering sought-after representation across a range of cases including securities, antitrust, environmental, construction and cybersecurity disputes. Further highlighted for its federal appellate work and for its experience in class action defense.”
- Chambers USA editors further remark:
- “The litigation team was excellent. Each of the lawyers brought a very interesting element to the team and they blended together well. They were great and I would highly recommend them!"
- Antitrust Counseling & Litigation
- Appellate Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Defense
- Privacy Class Action Defense
- Mass Torts & Complex Disputes
- Product Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices
- Toxic Torts
- Professional Malpractice Defense
- Securities & Shareholder Litigation
- White Collar Defense & Investigations