Melanie Carter regularly counsels clients in complex commercial and corporate matters, including:
- corporate litigation and business disputes, including breach of contract, fraud, and other business torts
- real estate tax assessment and exemption litigation
- energy and environmental litigation
- white collar criminal defense litigation and government investigations
- contract matters for 501(c)(3) organizations
Melanie began her legal career as a federal law clerk to the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
While in law school, Melanie served as Executive Articles and Symposium Editor with the Temple Political and Civil Rights Law Review. She also served as a judicial intern to the Honorable J. Curtis Joyner of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Prior to law school, Melanie worked in public education through Teach For America.
Melanie serves as a member of the Firm’s Philadelphia Attorney Recruiting and Retention Committee, sits on the Firm's Alumni Committee, and she co-chaired the Philadelphia 2017 Summer Associate Program.