Kevin Bruno is a partner in the New York and Princeton offices of Blank Rome. He previously served as co-chair of the firm’s Energy, Environmental, & Mass Torts practice group, and as co-chair of the firm’s policyholder-only Insurance Recovery practice group. His practice includes environmental and mass tort litigation and compliance counseling to a broad spectrum of industries. Kevin has also spent his career representing policyholder clients in their pursuit of claims in multiple lines of insurance coverage, and provides counseling to clients in their placement of a broad array of first party and liability insurance products.
Kevin’s experience includes:
- Representing policyholders in pursuit of insurance coverage, including general liability, first party property, environmental, products, professional liability, directors & officers’ liability (“D&O”), and fidelity insurance coverages.
- Representing policyholders in their negotiation and placement of a full range of insurance products, from manuscripted policies to large-scale insurance programs, including general liability, first party property, environmental, directors & officers’ liability (“D&O”), and rep & warranty coverages.
- Defending clients against private party, NGO, and government claims associated with site contamination.
- Defending clients in mass tort litigation, including lawsuits relating to alleged exposure to air, surface water, and groundwater-related discharges and releases.
- Defending clients against lawsuits and criminal investigations brought by the government pursuant to state and federal environmental programs.
- Representing clients in connection with private party cost recovery actions, and internal environmental audits and investigations.
- Representing policyholders in their placement and pursuit of insurance coverage, including general liability, first party property, environmental, products, professional liability, directors & officers’ liability (“D&O”), and fidelity insurance coverages.
Kevin is recognized in Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in environment law. Chambers notes that Kevin “draws on a deep understanding of environmental insurance law when litigating challenging claims and enforcement actions” and “…is valued for his familiarity with both state and federal environmental law and procedures. He is particularly strong at permitting and enforcement matters and is singled out for his ‘good client service, knowledge and responsiveness.’” Clients note that he is “a good, skillful litigator who prepares well, as well as excelling as a negotiator and communicator” and that “Kevin always exhibits the utmost professionalism while still being friendly and down-to-earth.”
Kevin was also selected to the “BTI Client Service All-Stars,” a listing of 113 attorneys based on interviews of more than 250 in-house corporate counsel at large and Fortune 100 companies, and has received numerous other recognitions, listed below.
Before joining Blank Rome, Kevin was a founding member of Robertson, Freilich, Bruno & Cohen, LLC. Prior to that, he was an associate and member of Hannoch Weisman, PC, and one of the original members of its environmental department and insurance recovery practice group.
Outside the Firm
Kevin also dedicates his time in the service of the legal community and the community in which he lives in various ways. He is a past member of the Board and Treasurer of the Law Firm Sustainability Network, a nonprofit organization of law firms and legal departments committed to promoting the benefits of environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility within their firms and throughout the legal industry. He devotes his time to the Her Justice organization, seeking U-Visas for female victims of domestic violence and other crimes in New York City. At home, he is also President of his building’s Co-Op Board. He is an avid traveler, golfer, and scuba diver.