Blockchain technology is revolutionizing financial and commercial transactions globally. Our multidisciplinary team of attorneys regularly advises clients across diverse industries on the fundamental elements of this technology and the broad range of legal issues that arise for those companies seeking to invest in and/or incorporate blockchain into their businesses.
We provide cutting-edge knowledge and strategic legal guidance to clients at all stages of exploration—from those looking to obtain a basic understanding of blockchain principles and potential applications for their businesses and industries, to those seeking tailored insights for development and integration of this technology. Always taking a holistic, business-oriented, and client-centered approach, we offer guidance and insight from continually evolving transactional, regulatory, and litigation perspectives.
How We Can Help
We advise clients on:
- Distributed ledger transactions across financial services, maritime, healthcare, energy, real estate, professional services, and life sciences industries
- Artificial intelligence technologies
- Fund formation and structuring for investment in digital currency (including Bitcoin) and blockchain-related businesses
- Regulatory and risk management issues surrounding initial coin offerings
- Money transmitting licensing
- Money services business compliance
- proactive insurance coverage advice and counseling; insurance claims recovery
- Cybersecurity, identity, and privacy issues relating to digital currency and blockchain applications
What Sets Us Apart
Our multidisciplinary team of attorneys approaches blockchain technology and digital currencies with up-to-the-minute knowledge of quickly developing, rapidly changing issues. We cultivate skill and experience by actively participating in highly respected industry working groups, including the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance, the Accord Project, and the Global Legal Blockchain Consortium. Our attorneys are exceptionally well networked and respected thought leaders in this industry, frequently serving as published authors, speakers at international symposia, and university lecturers. The team brings this sophisticated leading-edge insight and innovative thinking to bear in its representation of a broad range of clients in numerous and varied engagements.
Our blockchain team recognizes that the novel global application of this technology requires a comprehensive and unique approach to working with our clients. We stand ready to counsel clients on the applicable legal and regulatory landscape, while delivering creative, collaborative, and efficient solutions.