7th Annual Women’s Summit—Leading Through Transformative Times
Salamander Washington, D.C.
1330 Maryland Ave. SW
Washington, DC 20024
Blank Rome LLP was pleased to host our community of dynamic women in law and business for our firm's Seventh Annual Women’s Summit. The summit took place in Washington, D.C., from April 26, 2023–April 28, 2023, and included inspiring speakers, interactive workshops, engaging discussions, valuable networking, and entertainment.
This year's theme was "Leading Through Transformative Times." Today’s leaders are operating in a time of rapid global transformation. To succeed, they must anticipate, adapt to, and embrace change—personally, professionally, and in their organizations and communities. Organizations are looking to modern leaders to advise on and ensure business resilience, maximize human potential, and create sustainable values and impact amid ever-increasing technological disruption, societal change, and demographic shifts in the workforce of the future.
Michelle Silverthorn, Founder & CEO of Inclusion Nation, served as a feature presenter and workshop leader. Michelle led attendees in a one-of-a-kind interactive workshop on the practical steps needed to be an inclusive leader.
Additional speakers included:
- Gina Passarella, Editor-in-Chief, Global Legal Brands, ALM Media LLC
- Erin Anderson, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, 2U, Inc.
- Franchesca M. Fowler, Head of Legal & Compliance, US and Global Associate General Counsel, Demant
- Patricia “Patty” Ryan, Chief Information Security Officer, QuidelOrtho
- Jennifer von Bismarck, CEO, Galway Sustainable Capital Inc.
- Crystal E. Ashby, Executive Vice President and Chief People, DEI, and Communications Officer, Independence Health Group
- Nita Cumello, Global Client Director and Director of Well-Being, Global Large Law Firm Segment, Thomson Reuters–Legal Professionals
Blank Rome speakers included:
- Yelena M. Barychev, Partner
- Shadi Jahangir, Partner
- Stephanie Gantman Kaplan, Partner
- Sharon R. Klein, Partner
Blank Rome Women’s Leadership Summit Committee included:
- Linsey B. Bozzelli, Partner & Co-Chair, BR Women
- Elaine H. Scivetti, Partner & Co-Chair, BR Women
- Deborah A. Skakel, Partner & Co-Chair, BR Women
- Jayme L. Butcher, Partner
- Leigh Ann Buziak, Partner
- Melanie S. Carter, Partner
- Kierstan L. Carlson, Partner
- Caroline Donelan, Partner
- Katherine Franco, Partner
- Michelle M. Gervais, Partner
- Cassandra G. Mott, Partner
- Stacy D. Phillips, Partner
- Samantha Wallack, Partner