Blank Rome’s Banking & Commercial Finance litigators represent the nation’s leading banks, financial institutions, private equity firms, and family offices in cases from coast to coast. When financial services disputes arise, Blank Rome is the go-to firm for lenders.
Our litigators have unsurpassed courtroom experience and stand ready to take disputes to trial and prevail—where warranted and necessary. They are deeply embedded in the financial services industry and understand the unique nature of financing documents. Financial services firms rely on that depth and breadth of knowledge to anticipate and ward off disputes at an early stage; secure and exploit tactical advantages in litigation; and obtain favorable, timely results.
Drawing on an extensive bench of former prosecutors and judges, our attorneys also handle internal investigations, government investigations and subpoenas, and data privacy and banking-related intellectual property issues. In addition, the team works closely with Blank Rome’s nationally recognized Finance & Restructuring attorneys as well as the Consumer Finance Litigation team.
With a substantial presence in financial centers like New York; Chicago; Washington, D.C.; and Los Angeles—and attorneys in other key markets like Philadelphia, and Florida, Delaware, and Texas—Blank Rome is well positioned to handle your financial services disputes wherever they arise.
How Can We Help
We represent banks, financial institutions, private equity firms, and family offices as both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of matters, including:
- Enforcement of loan agreements and guaranties
- Intercreditor disputes
- Commercial real estate foreclosures
- Investigation and prosecution of fraud schemes
- Defense of lender liability claims
- Bankruptcy litigation with debtors
- Government investigations and subpoenas
- Internal investigations
- Anti-money laundering Investigations
- Data and privacy breaches
- General contract and business tort litigation
- Securities litigation
- Unfair or deceptive acts or practices
- Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”) matters
- Consumer fraud class actions
Our litigators also have substantial experience representing financial services clients in the areas of trade secret protection and restrictive covenants, data security, and intellectual property.