CO-CHAIR, WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE & INVESTIGATIONS PRACTICE GROUP
Greg Linsin is a member of our Maritime Emergency Response Team (“MERT”).
Greg is an experienced criminal litigator and concentrates his practice in the areas of white collar criminal defense, environmental criminal litigation involving shore-based and maritime clients, marine casualty investigations, environmental compliance, and internal corporate compliance investigations.
He represents both corporations and individuals in the following areas:
- grand jury investigations and criminal prosecutions involving environmental violations
- safety and environmental violations involving the maritime industry
- U.S. Coast Guard casualty investigations involving fatalities or significant marine pollution
- internal corporate compliance investigations
- design, implementation, and monitoring of corporate compliance programs
Before joining Blank Rome, Greg served for more than 25 years with the United States Department of Justice where he managed and prosecuted complex criminal cases in federal courts throughout the country. During his last 17 years with the Justice Department, he served as Assistant Chief and Special Litigation Counsel for the Environmental Crimes Section where he handled environmental prosecutions of national significance.
Greg also organized and led a national vessel pollution initiative regarding intentional violations of international and domestic environmental requirements. He was a founding member of the Environmental Crimes Policy Committee, and also was a member of the U.S. delegation to the Legal Committee and the Marine Environmental Protection Committee of the International Maritime Organization.
Greg is the recipient of numerous honors and awards, including the Attorney General’s Distinguished Service Award, the United States Coast Guard's Distinguished Public Service Award, three Special Commendation Awards from the Department of Justice, and the Bronze Medal from the Environmental Protection Agency.
Greg is a frequent author and speaker on environmental criminal and compliance issues.
Outside the Firm
Greg is an avid tennis player and is active in a number of nonprofit organizations working to fund basic medical research for the development of new drugs and treatment therapies for rare genetic disorders.
- White Collar Defense & Investigations
- Regulatory Compliance
- Maritime - Environmental
- Maritime - Regulatory Compliance
- Internal Investigations
- Compliance & Investigations
- Environmental Litigation
- Environmental Enforcement
- Environmental Counseling & Compliance
- Environmental Due Diligence