PFAS, the Forever Chemical
Blank Rome partner Deborah Greenspan, co-chair of the firm’s Energy, Environment, and Mass Torts practice group, will serve as a panelist at “PFAS, the Forever Chemical: An Interdisciplinary Review of Current Environmental Regulations, Availability of Insurance Coverage, Potential Bankruptcy Issues, and ADR,” being presented by the International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (“CPR”) on Thursday, July 13, 2023. The live virtual program, taking place from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. EDT, is free and open to the public.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
A panel of practitioners across diverse practice areas will discuss the most prevalent legal issues confronting companies that interact with PFAS (per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances), commonly referred to as “forever chemicals.” This program will explore how businesses can proactively navigate PFAS’s ever-evolving legal landscape. Suited for all levels of familiarity with PFAS, the discussion will include:
- A PFAS primer
- An update on the status of litigation and environmental regulation
- A discussion of issues pertaining to insurance coverage and bankruptcy
- A look at available means to resolve PFAS disputes
- What the panelists anticipate for the future of PFAS within their respective practice areas
- Moderator: Adrian Azer, Haynes Boone
- Deborah Greenspan, Blank Rome LLP
- Ian Peck, Haynes Boone
- Joshua Weinberg, Ruggeri Parks
- Andrew Van Osselaer, Haynes Boone
CPR is an independent nonprofit organization that promotes the prevention and resolution of conflict to better enable the pursuit of purpose through the CPR Institute and its subsidiary, CPR Dispute Resolution Services LLC.
For free registration or more information, please visit the event webpage.