12th Annual Distressed Forum for Bank Special Assets (Midwest)
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
2233 S Martin Luther King Dr
Blank Rome partners Paige Barr Tinkham and William J. Dorsey will serve as panelists at Information Management Network’s (“IMN”) 12th Annual Distressed Forum for Bank Special Assets (Midwest), being held September 18 and 19, 2023, in Chicago, Illinois.
ABOUT THE FORUM
At the forum, special assets, Small Business Association, credit, loan review, risk management, special servicers, and C-level executives can meet to discuss the latest credit and workout issues. Local, regional, and international bank professionals, as well as a wide array of sector specialists, will provide education, networking, deal-making, and professional development in the special asset and SBA space.
ABOUT PAIGE AND WILL’S SESSIONS
Executing a Successful Receivership
September 18, 2023 | 12:15–1:00 p.m.
- How has the outlook changed for receiverships as a workout remedy?
- Which asset classes and markets have been most significantly impacted in the past year?
- What are some of the lesser-known challenges and keys to success in executing receiverships?
- What questions should you be asking your receiver?
- What do all parties need to know about the initial receivership order, powers and authorities, and reporting requirements to the court?
- Lessons learned from more complex or less successful receiverships
- Thoughts on remainder of 2023 and going into 2024
- Creditor workout strategies when borrower files bankruptcy
- Benefits of state receivership over bankruptcy and vice versa
- How to prepare for or reducing prevalence of bankruptcy/receivership filings through workout and related agreements with borrowers
- Loan sale market for loans in bankruptcy or receivership
- What’s unique about selling notes in the context of bankruptcy or state-receiverships?
- Andrew Bolnick, President, Andrew Bolnick & Associates
- Arthur van der Vant, Receiver, Illinois Receiver
- Jason Kuwayama, Attorney, Godfrey Kahn
- Matthew Brash, Senior Managing Director, Newpoint Advisors
- Paige Tinkham, Partner, Blank Rome
- Matthew Tarshis, Principal/Managing Partner, Frontline Real Estate Partners
Commercial Real Estate (“CRE”) Litigation: Costs, Collections, Damages, Time & Alternative Solutions
September 18, 2023 | 4:45–5:30 p.m.
- How has the volume of litigation changed in the past year?
- Understanding the costs and time associated with litigation funding
- What non-litigious alternatives are available in various situations?
- When might litigation be necessary?
- How to ensure that you recover your money with minimal issues
- Lessons learned from successful collections and how to avoid the cases that go wrong
- Which new technologies are changing the way in which collections and enforcement are managed?
- How can existing technologies be better utilized to gain the most efficiency within these processes?
- What strategies can be used to minimize collection costs?
- When to settle and how to save face
- Case studies from the last six to 12 months
- Will Dorsey, Partner, Blank Rome
- Bill Serritella, Partner, Taft Stettinius & Hollister
- Nathan Grzegorek, Attorney, Polsinelli
Blank Rome LLP is pleased to be a Silver Sponsor of the Forum.
For more information and to register, please visit the event webpage.