Transactional activity in the energy industry continues to rise and the risk of litigation has never been greater. Our clients range from gas and electric utilities to oil refinery and pipeline companies to wind farms and solar facilities, as well as private equity and investment funds. You can rely on our integrated team to handle your corporate matters efficiently so that you can focus on the next opportunity.
Our energy attorneys, drawing on the firm’s deep bench of corporate experience, handle a wide range of energy-related corporate matters and transactions. We help our clients maximize the value of their transaction by also advising on regulatory issues related to mergers and acquisitions, conducting due diligence, and obtaining necessary approvals.
We have particular experience structuring complex financings involving multiple sources of finance, including equity investors, commercial banks, export credit agencies, multilateral agencies, vendors, bondholders, insurers, and hedge providers. Every major transaction is supported across disciplines by our corporate, regulatory, tax, environmental, litigation, labor, employment, and benefits attorneys.
How We Can Help
Our team can assist with a range of corporate services:
- M&A (mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures)
- structuring transactions and finance
- negotiating and drafting letters of intent and acquisition agreements
- joint ventures
- tax structuring advice
- insurance coverage advice
- advice to boards and special committees on fiduciary duties and liabilities
- shareholder agreements
- debt and equity project financings
- corporate governance strategies
- capital markets participation (including securities ratings)
- strategic alliances
- regulatory compliance under federal and state laws
- subordinate, mezzanine, and Tranche B loans
- credit facilities
- loan workouts and restructuring