Much like the hard work, determination, and sweat that built the oil and gas industry in the United States, Blank Rome’s attorneys provide the same level of grit when representing oil and gas clients.
Whether disputes, operations, regulations, or corporate or finance transactions, Blank Rome’s industry attorneys are experienced, knowledgeable, and creative problem solvers who get results. And just like the highly developed skills necessary to drill the right holes in the right places, Blank Rome strategically engineers legal solutions so you can do what you do best—care for your business.
With decades of combined experience, our team practices in the shale plays across the United States, including the Permian Basin, Eagle Ford, Barnett, Haynesville, Utica, Marcellus, and Bakken.
Our team also has over 40 years of experience with regulatory proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (“FERC”) and environmental reviews relating to oil and gas infrastructure projects and operations.
We routinely represent pipeline shippers in regulatory proceedings concerning interstate natural gas pipeline regulations, service, rate setting, capacity assignment and release, tariff modifications, rulemakings, and asset management requirements. We also regularly advise clients regarding interstate oil pipeline access, rate, and tariff issues.
We pride ourselves on providing cost-effective solutions aligned with your business objectives. As your trusted advisers, we’ll help facilitate an early dispute resolution or persuade a jury to a favorable verdict. We strategically partner with our clients throughout the entire litigation process as counselors and advocates from pre-litigation risk assessment all the way through appellate proceedings.
Chambers USA has reported that clients view us as “a highly knowledgeable regulatory team that has the capability to take on any regulatory matter, while at the same time being lean, flexible and not overstaffing” and “‘timely, responsive, sensible and pragmatic’” and note that we are “‘well regarded by regulatory staff and strong on enforcement matters.’”
How We Can Help
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Master service agreements
- Participation agreements
- Surface use accommodation and damages
- Gathering agreements
- Oilfield services and equipment
- Equipment and pipeline failure
- Fiduciary duties and business torts
- Surface and subsurface trespass
- Environmental contamination and remediation claims
- Former employees, trade secret theft, and non-competes
- Municipal regulation and ordinances
- Right-of-way and easements
- Secured and unsecured liens
- Financings, including reserve-based loans
What Sets Us Apart
- In 2020 and 2021, Chambers USA ranked Blank Rome for Energy: Oil & Gas (Regulatory and Litigation) – Nationwide.
- The Legal 500 United States 2022 listed blank Rome as a Recommended Firm for Energy Regulation: Oil and Gas.
- Ranked Tier 1 in U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® 2022 “Best Law Firms” for Energy Law in Washington, D.C. and highly ranked nationally.
- Strong commitment to bottom-line practical solutions
- Outstanding and highly responsive client service