The Winding Road of Data Privacy & Security Regulation: Enforcement Trends & Best Practices
As an array of federal and state regulators—from the SEC, DOJ, and OCC to state attorneys general—ramp up their scrutiny of companies’ data privacy and cybersecurity practices, businesses are facing tension over how to comply with an evolving regulatory framework.
Blank Rome LLP and Withum invite you to join us on Wednesday, April 27, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. EDT for a complimentary webinar led by knowledgeable attorneys from Blank Rome’s Privacy, Security & Data Protection and White Collar Defense & Investigations Groups, and cyber and IT security experts and advisors from Withum, who will provide in-depth analysis of:
Trends in Data Privacy and Enforcement
- Industry focus: healthcare/life sciences, consumer/retail, and financial services
- Where is the scrutiny/how is it evolving?
- Which regulators/agencies are focused on which industries?
The Changing Data Security Landscape
- Trends in threat actors
- Regulator scrutiny of cybersecurity practices
- Importance of vendor management and operational readiness
The Power of Regulators
- How far can the regulators go?
- How much are you required to reveal to regulators, government agencies, the public?
- MODERATOR: Sharon R. Klein, Partner and Chair, Privacy, Security & Data Protection, Blank Rome LLP
- Jennifer L. Achilles, Partner, White Collar Defense & Investigations, Blank Rome LLP
- Alex C. Nisenbaum, Partner, Privacy, Security & Data Protection, Blank Rome LLP
- Julie Tracy, Executive Cybersecurity Advisor, Withum
- Jason Spezzano, Executive Cybersecurity Advisor, Withum
- Michael E. Seip, MBA, CMMC Advisory Lead, Withum
This course is anticipated to qualify for the following CLE credits:
- CA—1.0 general credit
- CT—1.0 general credit (by reciprocity)
- NJ—1.0 general credit (by reciprocity)
- NY—1.0 professional practice credit (transitional and available for newly admitted attorneys)
- PA—1.0 general credit
Questions? Contact Courtney Litman via e-mail.