Matthew Homyk concentrates his practice in intellectual property matters and related business issues confronting companies and individuals in many industries, ranging from fashion, e-commerce, social networking, insurance, musical instruments, and building materials. He serves a wide range of clients in areas including:
- social networking (e.g., Facebook and Twitter) legal issues
- domestic and international trademark and copyright counseling
- counterfeit products enforcement in the United States, China, and India, including Chinese counterfeiting litigation counseling
- patent prosecution and patent litigation
- copyright registration
- prosecution of trademark and service mark applications
- internet issues, domain name disputes, UDRP proceedings, and e-commerce issues
- preparation and negotiation of technology transfer, assignment, and confidentiality agreements
- domestic and international license agreements for trademarks, copyrights, software, and know-how
Matthew uses his experience in web design, social networking, web analytics, and search engine optimization (“SEO”) to provide high-level Internet business counseling to clients in conjunction with traditional patent, trademark, and copyright services.
Matthew is the Adjunct Professor of Trademark Law at Villanova University School of Law. He is also a member of the Law Firm Committee of the International Trademark Association (“INTA”).
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Matthew interned for the General Counsel of The Barnes Foundation, an educational institution dedicated to appreciation of the fine arts and horticulture.