The ability to quantify and qualify environmental risk is critical to determining the viability of a transaction.
Blank Rome’s environmental attorneys team up with our real estate, corporate, and financial groups to protect our clients’ interests in complex private and public commercial transactions. We identify, quantify, qualify, allocate, and document environmental issues and matters as they relate to asset and stock acquisitions, sales of industrial and commercial companies (private and public), credit agreements and secured financings, formation of companies, and strategic investments in industrial and commercial properties.
How We Can Help
- Pre-transactional due diligence
- ASTM standards
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments as well as asbestos surveys
- Drafting and documentation of results
- Local, state, and federal regulations and liability protection
- Corporate disclosure requirements under SEC and accounting rules
- Exit strategies for potential liabilities
- Post-closing obligations
- Insurance coverage
What Sets Us Apart
- The team includes former trial attorneys from the U.S. Department of Justice (“DOJ”), former officials of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (“EPA”), and former Assistant United States attorneys.
- One member served six terms as co-chair of the American Bar Association’s (“ABA”) Environmental and Energy Litigation Committee and is currently serving his 8th term as a member of what was previously the ABA’s Standing Committee of Environmental Law.
- Members of the group write, lecture, and teach on environmental law topics, and have earned public recognition for their work.
- 2019 Chambers USA ranked Blank Rome for Environment in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- 2022 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) national ranks:
- Litigation – Environmental
- 2022 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) regional ranks:
- Litigation – Environmental in Philadelphia (Tier 1) and New Jersey
- Environmental Law in Philadelphia