“The litigation team was excellent. Each of the lawyers brought a very interesting element to the team and they blended together well. They were great and I would highly recommend them!”
— Client feedback, Chambers USA
The risks from whistleblower complaints can snowball and become an existential threat to your business. From government investigations to potential criminal and civil litigation, you can see your company’s reputation and financial situation crumble. To minimize the risk of whistleblower claims and expensive government investigations, businesses need to be prepared well before the claim arises in order to develop a meaningful defense.
Blank Rome’s attorneys represent and defend clients in whistleblower and retaliation disputes under state and federal law throughout the United States. Whether the dispute is at the beginning investigative stage or has progressed to the more advanced stage of an administrative or court proceeding, we are able to handle any phase of a whistleblower complaint. With highly regarded employment and white collar and investigations practices working together to provide comprehensive service to our clients, we can help you navigate the complex issues that arise when these complaints occur. In this way, we’re able to help our clients avoid or mitigate damage to our clients’ reputation and business.
We also provide experienced government affairs support. Our lobbying and strategic communications professionals have first-hand knowledge of federal, state, and local legislative and administrative processes, and they help clients solve problems where legal remedies may be inadequate.
How We Can Help
Training and Transparency
- Preventive counseling on establishing ethical and lawful codes of conduct and cultures of compliance
- Advise clients on the design and implementation of internal compliance policies and procedures
- Conduct audits and compliance training
Internal Corporate Investigations
- Take control of whistleblower complaint investigations with board or board committee oversight
- Advise on actions to take to avoid or mitigate damage to the client’s reputation
- Effectively negotiate with government regulators and prosecutors to permit internal investigation
- Navigate issues of privilege and confidentiality
- Represent clients in administrative proceedings before state or federal agencies
- Develop effective strategies to defend clients in lawsuits before various state and federal courts across the country
- Conduct formal discovery of whistleblower identity
What Sets Us Apart
- We understand the unique implications of whistleblower complaints to our clients, and we act to avoid or minimize reputational and business harm.
- We have a team with the knowledge, experience, and resources necessary to manage these situations effectively, decisively, and with sensitivity.