Michael Scheffler concentrates his practice on the construction and renovation of office buildings, retail stores, data centers and other facilities, and property management and building operation matters. Michael advises investment banks, retail store chains, and real estate firms with respect to:
- major development projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, and Asia
- preparation of suite of template design and construction agreements tailored for specific client requirements
- construction disputes
- property management and building operation agreements
- procurement of materials and equipment
Michael co-authors articles on construction and other real estate topics that appear in industry journals and national publications including:
- “Owner Remedies in Construction Agreements” (Real Estate Finance)
- “Why Owners Should Care about Subcontracts held by Construction Managers” (Commercial Property Executive)
- “Improving the Process – Construction Contracting and Project Administration Can be Easier” (Corporate Real Estate Leader)
- “Protecting Owners in Private Construction Projects from Unfavorable Provisions in State Prompt Payment Acts” (Real Estate Finance)
- “Sept. 11 Impacted Risk of Loss Doctrine” (New York Law Journal)
Outside the Firm
Michael is the recipient of a National Leadership Award presented by UJA-Federation, and is the past chair of UJA’s Larchmont/Mamaroneck Division. He has also served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Child Care Association.
Michael is the President of the Hillels of Westchester.