Part I: Lessons Learned & Practical Tips for Existing Projects
Online via WebEx
Pandemic Risk Mitigation for Owners on Construction Projects Webinar Series
As construction moratoriums are lifted, project owners still face ongoing challenges and risks due to COVID-19, including prime contractor business failures, potential liability and losses, development and implementation of effective safety protocols, and contractor demands for time and cost relief. Owners also need to fashion strategies for mitigating pandemic-related risks on future projects.
Blank Rome LLP and Avison Young invite you to this two-part webinar, which will focus on circumventing challenges and risks on existing projects, and improving contracts and insurance coverage to benefit owners on future projects, including the following topics:
- Navigating the transition to replacement contractors when a pandemic and its economic fallout trigger business failures by contractors.
- Insurance coverage for pandemic claims and losses.
- Development of site safety protocols, and allocating responsibility for implementation.
- Determining whether the pandemic’s consequences entitle contractors to time extensions or price increases.
- Moderator: Michael A. Scheffler, Partner, Construction/Real Estate, Blank Rome LLP
- Amy Joseph Coles, Partner, Construction Litigation, Blank Rome LLP
- Adrienne C. Rogove, Partner, Construction Litigation, Blank Rome LLP
- Kirsten Beck, PMP, Principal & Vice President, Project Management, Avison Young
- Matthew J. Windisch, ARM, CRIS, Corporate Risk Manager, Toll Brothers
View information on our next webinar in this series: Part II: Pivoting to Future Projects: Risk Mitigation
Please contact Lana Pizzo.